What's new

Anyone having issues with dropped calls?

SixStringMadMan

Reaction score
Had this phone for a little over a week, coming from a blackberry and was completely happy with my purchase. But today 4 dropped calls : ( . One of them I had 4 bars, was in mid conversation, phone beeped 3 or 4 times, kept talking for about 25seconds then dropped. If is was stormy outside I would expect some sort of degradation in calling due to weather, but it's about 65 outside/clear and sunny.

Starting to second guess this purchase and just wondering if anyone else is having issues with dropped calls lately. Maybe Verizon is having a bad day?

I have never dropped a call since having my iPhone. I would chalk it up to Big Red's network acting up on you since it happened 4x in one day.

Had this phone for a little over a week, coming from a blackberry and was completely happy with my purchase. But today 4 dropped calls : ( . One of them I had 4 bars, was in mid conversation, phone beeped 3 or 4 times, kept talking for about 25seconds then dropped. If is was stormy outside I would expect some sort of degradation in calling due to weather, but it's about 65 outside/clear and sunny.

Starting to second guess this purchase and just wondering if anyone else is having issues with dropped calls lately. Maybe Verizon is having a bad day?

The person you were talking with ..Who was there provider? I wouldn't assume it was Verizon... I have never and I mean never had a dropped called while on a conversation with a Verizon to Verizon call!

Only time I have dropped calls is when I'm in call with somebody on ATT no joke this happens all of the time! when I am talking with my one friend who has ATT! probably 8 out of 10 calls we are cutoff.

The person you were talking with ..Who was there provider? I wouldn't assume it was Verizon... I have never and I mean never had a dropped called while on a conversation with a Verizon to Verizon call!

Only time I have dropped calls is when I'm in call with somebody on ATT no joke this happens all of the time! when I am talking with my one friend who has ATT! probably 8 out of 10 calls we are cutoff.

3 of them were with my wife and she is on Verizon. One was with family down south and I believe they are on Sprint. Maybe yesterday day was a bad hair day for Verizon, hopefully today goes better.

i have had a few dropped calls on mine. but i live in a very poor service area. so far the iphone has gotten the best signal here. on my last phone a droid i would lose every call after about 5 minutes unless i went outside. and would average about 4-5 dropped calls a day.
i have had 6 dropped calls total using the phone in my house. and most of them have been after about 15-20 minutes of usage.

I had a BB and never had dropped calls until I got the iPhone 4. Verizon wants to give me a new phone. I'm not sure that's the problem. Something has changed with the technology with this phone because non of my other phones ever had this problem.

I had a BB and never had dropped calls until I got the iPhone 4. Verizon wants to give me a new phone. I'm not sure that's the problem. Something has changed with the technology with this phone because non of my other phones ever had this problem.

it's called an iPhone... ;) an iPhone is an iPhone, VZW just happens to have a better network than AT&T

I had a dropped call with three full bars. Verizon immediately sent me a new phone. It would have A blue circle where the 3G was.

The blue circle is normal when making a voice call. It simply means the phone is not in 3G mode. Voice calls do not use 3G, it is only for data.

The only time I ever drop a call is if I'm in my apartment (terrible signal) otherwise if a call was dropped it was the other persons phone. I had a Blackberry and would drop calls all the time. Now I got the iPhone and don't plan on looking back

I should've been on the Verizon iPhone commercial bc I'm telling my friends. " I can hear you now" no dropped calls

I have had the iphone for a couple weeks now and came from a black berry 9330 which gave me excellent signal.
There is one area I travel through for work that my phone would lose audio, not drop call just lose audio.
I have been through this area 4 or 5 times and have held phone calls through the entire area each time, no static or loss of audio at all.
This is the best phone I have had as far as reception is concerned.
Also, you may not be the one dropping the call, if you will wait for the person your talking to, to disconnect the call you will see that your phone will beep 3 times.

Nope, never had one drop call on vzw, esp not my iphone, i went from droid to iphone, and i love my verizon iPhone 4:)
Hope your issue gets fixed!!

I had my first dropped call today. I was home, talking to an old friend while he was in his office. The call suddenly dropped after about 10 minutes.

Prior to this, while using Sprint for a couple of years....I never had a dropped call. I ended my previous contract with AT&T when I had an iPhone 3GS that consistently dropped calls.

I've had my iPhone for a little over two weeks. In the last few days I had several dropped calls. Never had this problem with my droids. Everyone I was talking to all had Verizon phones. I did some research for the "Death Grip" experience. I had a case on my iPhone for the first week and had no problems. I then bought the power support anti-glare protector with the clear back, so I didn't need my case anymore. All dropped calls that I had, my case was not on. The last two days I've had my case on and guess what, no dropped calls. So for now on I'll keep a case on this phone! Weird!

I had my first dropped call today. I was home, talking to an old friend while he was in his office. The call suddenly dropped after about 10 minutes.

Prior to this, while using Sprint for a couple of years....I never had a dropped call. I ended my previous contract with AT&T when I had an iPhone 3GS that consistently dropped calls.

I neglected to mention that I ALWAYS keep my iPhone in a protective silicon case.