What's new

Beware of Ivyskin Smartcase and customer service

VMB

Reaction score
On April 1st I ordered an Ivyskin Smartcase. With an online coupon, I paid $64.99 and received the case a few days later.

Unfortunately, the iPhone does not support charging with this case (repeated "Charging is not supported with this accessory" messages). I called Ivyskin and was at first put on hold (after explaining the issue), then disconnected. When I called back, there was no answer. The next day, I got an email with an RMA# stating the return had to be postmarked within 3 days. I returned it using priority mail.

Today, I checked my account and was shocked to find that I had only been refunded 48.99. I called and was told that this was due to a "20% inventory reduction" fee for my return...even though the return was due to a product defect. There was apparently one person there as I was told to send them an email with my complaint and "someone" would look at it.

A couple things...first, they deducted roughly 25% on a product that is defective. Second, I had to pay for the return postage on that defective product.

Again, beware of this company.

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 950
Thank you for the warning. it would of been a good case if it actually worked,and they dont tel you on the site it does not work with the iphone 4?

It could be a great case. I was very disappointed that customer service* had no suggestions or solution. I gathered that this wasn't the first time they'd had the problem. I expected an answer saying it had something to do with software and that it would be updated soon. Instead, they hung up on me and are trying to charge me $16 for the privilege.

*Customer service - From what I can tell, there can't be more that 1 or 2 people there. On both occasions when I asked to speak with a higher up, I was told there was no one there and to send an email. I asked how anyone could see the email (if they weren't there ;-) and was told it would go to their phone. Not exactly a confidence builder in Ivyskin.

It could be a great case. I was very disappointed that customer service* had no suggestions or solution. I gathered that this wasn't the first time they'd had the problem. I expected an answer saying it had something to do with software and that it would be updated soon. Instead, they hung up on me and are trying to charge me $16 for the privilege.

*Customer service - From what I can tell, there can't be more that 1 or 2 people there. On both occasions when I asked to speak with a higher up, I was told there was no one there and to send an email. I asked how anyone could see the email (if they weren't there ;-) and was told it would go to their phone. Not exactly a confidence builder in Ivyskin.

that really lets down a company when they have poor customer service. no matter how good the product is some times you just need help that is no where to be seen and on top of that they tried to charge you $16?

know to stay away from that company now though.

I am currently having the same difficulty with Ivy Skin. I ordered the Wrangler case for the iPhone 4 and when I received it, the volume buttons continued to push on the + button, rendering the buttons useless. I have called four times (different days and times of day) and emailed twice. The case came with no invoice. I had to call my credit card company to find out when it was billed. To date, it has been a $50 headache with no reprieve in sight. Buyer beware.

I am currently having the same difficulty with Ivy Skin. I ordered the Wrangler case for the iPhone 4 and when I received it, the volume buttons continued to push on the + button, rendering the buttons useless. I have called four times (different days and times of day) and emailed twice. The case came with no invoice. I had to call my credit card company to find out when it was billed. To date, it has been a $50 headache with no reprieve in sight. Buyer beware.

I bought this case in July 2011. When I received the box it stated Quattro 4. No where did it indicate that this was a Wrangler. Afraid to open the package, I tried to reach customer service via phone and it was impossible to reach anyone by phone. I tried for 3 weeks and finally got a hold of someone who confirmed that this was a Wrangler Case instead of the previous Quattro 4 model. So now I use the case- I notice the "-" volume button would constantly get stuck and lower the volume on my phone so I was missing phone calls, text messages & notifications. Then I noticed the screen would remain lit during phone calls- causing me to accidentally put my phone on mute or hold during calls. When I would remove the glass from the case and hold the phone up to my ear this was not an issue. So it was the glass that kept the screen lit. Soooo... I use my phone on a dock and realized that I can not place it on the dock with the case and removed it from the case. Upon reinserting the phone into the case the glass SHATTERED!!! I paid $65 (because I got the Alpine-SE case) on a piece of useless crap that IvySkin upholds and brags about this 'award winning design'... WORST CASE EVER!

I read reviews from other people and wonder if they were smoking crack or if IvySkin got some employees to post reviews with high ratings because really this case is NOT worth it!

I would NOT Recommend this to a friend.

They've gotten very poor ratings according the the Better Business Bureau. Wish I had known this before I bought from them!

On April 1st I ordered an Ivyskin Smartcase. With an online coupon, I paid $64.99 and received the case a few days later.

Unfortunately, the iPhone does not support charging with this case (repeated "Charging is not supported with this accessory" messages). I called Ivyskin and was at first put on hold (after explaining the issue), then disconnected. When I called back, there was no answer. The next day, I got an email with an RMA# stating the return had to be postmarked within 3 days. I returned it using priority mail.

Today, I checked my account and was shocked to find that I had only been refunded 48.99. I called and was told that this was due to a "20% inventory reduction" fee for my return...even though the return was due to a product defect. There was apparently one person there as I was told to send them an email with my complaint and "someone" would look at it.

A couple things...first, they deducted roughly 25% on a product that is defective. Second, I had to pay for the return postage on that defective product.

Again, beware of this company.

Did you ever get satisfaction from them? What product did you end up using and can you recommend smart case that works? I like the idea of a glass screen protecter, but hate to spend that kind of money if they don't stand behind their product...

Thanks,

DJIM

Definitely stay clear of Ivyskin!!! Worst customer service EVER!!! Rude and inappropriate when or if you FINALLY get someone on the phone!! I ended up filing a complaint with the BBB. Not worth spending my money with a company even if their case is good!

DO NOT BUY FROM IVYSKIN!!! WORST CONSUMER EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD IN YEARS!!!

Here are my issues, which are many:

1. The IvySkin Wrangler 4s case reflects the light of your flash back into the camera causing photos to be washed in white and ruined. This happened with BOTH the White and the Black case.

2. When I exchanged my original White case for a Black hoping this would fix the issue they sent me a USED Black case, the glass had fingerprints on it and had chunks of some substance on it that I had to scrape off before using, almost like somebody wiped snot on it.

3. When the issue continued with the Black case I had to return the case in its entirety and they charged me a $25 fee. All in all it cost me $15 in shipping to receive and return my cases.

In total it cost me $40 to not end up with a product from IvySkin!! When I called to state my case and receive a refund of at least the $25 fee the customer service was THE most rude and ignorant customer service I had ever spoke with.

They accused me of lying about the issue with the flash, they accused me of lying about the dirty and used exchange product, then they tried to make me feel guilty for returning the products saying I scammed them.

All in all it took me 2 months of returns, exchanges, communication, expenses, going back and forth to the post office, and cost me $40.

I also filed a complaint with the BBB with them and urge everybody else to do the same. The only way companies like this will stop operating like this is if they are held accountable by those they try and screw over.

UnLearnYourself said:

Here are my issues, which are many:

1. The IvySkin Wrangler 4s case reflects the light of your flash back into the camera causing photos to be washed in white and ruined. This happened with BOTH the White and the Black case.

2. When I exchanged my original White case for a Black hoping this would fix the issue they sent me a USED Black case, the glass had fingerprints on it and had chunks of some substance on it that I had to scrape off before using, almost like somebody wiped snot on it.

3. When the issue continued with the Black case I had to return the case in its entirety and they charged me a $25 fee. All in all it cost me $15 in shipping to receive and return my cases.

In total it cost me $40 to not end up with a product from IvySkin!! When I called to state my case and receive a refund of at least the $25 fee the customer service was THE most rude and ignorant customer service I had ever spoke with.

They accused me of lying about the issue with the flash, they accused me of lying about the dirty and used exchange product, then they tried to make me feel guilty for returning the products saying I scammed them.

All in all it took me 2 months of returns, exchanges, communication, expenses, going back and forth to the post office, and cost me $40.

They can't just say that you were lying! WTF! That's the worst I've ever heard of ever. Sorry. Sucks for you.

Thanks for the warnings,there are some good companys out there and i always do lts of checks before parting with any money.

I had a similar experience with them...so incredibly RUDE!! Do NOT buy from this company!!! And if you do and have a bad experience, make a complaint with the BBB!!