What's new

Beware of Ivyskin Smartcase and customer service

I ordered a previous version of the Smartcase and can confirm everything that was said before, the product didn't work, customer service was appalling and it seemed to me that they made their money simply by keeping the 25% return fee (return fee?? Who charges a return fee??????). As for writing reviews that are false, I can totally confirm that they doctored a review of mine on their site to totally contradict the feedback I gave. I've no doubt that if they are prepared to lie on their own site they're prepared to lie on here too. And the broken English of the "Ivyskin lover" made me immediaely think it was the guy who made up the reviews at Ivyskin, too funny. Anyway, I took Ivyskin to the BBB and went all the way through the process right up to a review (I can't remember the correct term) at which point Ivyskin caved, meeting my minimum acceptance criteria which included removing the fraudulent review. The good news was that the BBB then stripped Ivyskin of their BBB approval. There is a reason why this company is rated F, and the only way things will improve is if they genuinely start supporting their products, which they don't at the moment. Its a shame, the product looks great, but - in my opinion Your Honor - these guys are crooks.

Last edited:
I have had the Iphone 4 Quattro and I have the Wrangler case now and really,really like the case, have had many others. Yes I know their customer service is the worst if you use the phone, but using e-mail (seriously) I have had no problems.

We purchased two of the Iphone4 Quattro cases 18 months ago, both with a spare battery.
I really liked the case initially.

The close tolerances of the glass to case fit can make the installation of the glass in to the case tricky. Of which I found out the hard way by breaking my first one within a week. Ordered two replacement glass and have not broken one since.

The spare / backup battery has the same problem you all are experiencing, "Charging Not Supported With This Device". I have found both batteries have the same problem but will charge / run our two Iphone4 when the phone battery is vary low with less but still annoying notifications.

I really want to like this product. And as when I like something I share and promote it with my friends of which initially I did, but not now and I make sure I give those I told about this product an update.

I too have had the same experience with the Pathetically NON-EXISTENT Customer Service.

Somebody should just steal this product and make a killing with Exceptional Customer Service and Product Support.

So I am now looking to replace my broken cover, any suggestions ??

Regards,
JustinTime93514

Did you ever get satisfaction from them? What product did you end up using and can you recommend smart case that works? I like the idea of a glass screen protecter, but hate to spend that kind of money if they don't stand behind their product...

Thanks,

DJIM

I filed a dispute with my bank and the restocking fee was charged back and returned to me.

I ended up using the Otter Box Commuter series case and have been very happy with it. Not to bulky and good protection. No glass screen but I haven't had an issue with regular screen protectors. You can find them reasonably priced on Amazon.

How long after you had your issue did you file the complaint?

Also, I ended up with a LifeProof case...it's great, and several friends have since bought one too. Highly recommended...as opposed to the BS you need to deal with with IvySkin. Avoid IvySkin at all costs, there are FAR better companies to work with and certainly better cases as well.

I filed the dispute as soon as I realized what they were up to.

Hello!

Well, I have ordered twice on-line with IvySkin and both times had perfect experiences. Products were delivered on time and the products were perfect.

My last order was for the IvySkin Raz Red Quattro 4 Wrangler iPhone 4S Case. After I placed the order online I called because I forgot to add an accessory. I talked to Tom. Even though Tom seemed quite and quick, he added the accessory for me and he also on his own upgraded my order from standard USPS to Next Day FedEx and didn't charge me for the upgrade nor for the accessory. He said he did that as a thankyou for being a repeat customer.

Now that being said, I see nothing but good from their customer service. Of course I may just be lucky, but IvySkin worked very well for me!

The cases themselves I like the best out of all the cases I have every had or used.

When I first got my iPhone 4S I used the white Lifeproof GEN 2 case. Very nice case for 100% protection, but the screen protector sucked. Had to press harder than I wanted to many times when using it. Became a real pain in the you know what.

So, I went to the teal color Otterbox Defender for the iPhone 4S. Again, a very nice case for overall protection. The screen protector is a little better than Lifeproof's is, but still not perfect.

The Ivyskin Wrangler with the glass protector I really love now. It's almost as if you are touching the bare iphone's screen. The only difference I can see is that it smudges easier, but not a big concern. And the IvySkin Wrangler has fantastic protection.

So, even if the customer service is bad for some that IvySkin may lay upon you, their Wrangler case more than makes up for it once you have the case.

My opinion of course, but I base it on my experiences. :iphone4vert:

I have purchased several cases from Ivyskin and must admit my experience with them is a mixed bag...

Originally I bought cases for my iPhone3G. Quattro4 cases were actually great with little issues that could be discovered only after months of usage (back cover would severly scratch the iPhone back and the front glass after several removal/install would leave fiine scratches on the iPhone front glass).

Service thought is not exactly the best in the market to be honest. At some point I purchased a Quattro4 casing for my iPhone 3G. After about a week the case cracked on the side right at glued seem. So I contacted their support. They gave me 50% off upon a purchase of a new casing. So I ordered a new casing... then while reading the documents that came with casing it said that the casing was warrantied for 1 year!!!! In other words Ikyskin screwed me into spending more money upon a defective casing that was still under warranty. I contacted the support back mentionning that I've noticed that they made me purchased another case while mine was WELL under warranty.... It's been more than a year I still haven't got any reply back, they acted as if I didn't exist. So yeah they pretty much stole from me!

Also I can confirm that they actually doctored a couple of my feedbacks that I've left on their site.

Also I can confirm that the pictures displayed on their website is not matching the actual design of the product. Especially the Quattro4 that has a more fragile design in reality than what is shown. Looks like a false publicity to me personally.

So all in all the cases are actually not bad at all but the company itself doesn't convey trust especially considering how expensive those cases are... Personally after having purchased several cases since iPhone 3G I'm well over with Ivyskin.

Really sorry for your experience.I like shopping online but I rarely buy the case because the iphone case is cheap,the online shopping will occurs shipping fee and I cannot sure whether it is really suit for my iphone. I get all my iphone4s case in my local market.