What's new

Beware of Ivyskin Smartcase and customer service

I purchased my wrangler case back in September and It's just a perfect case. I had my share of iPhone cases but this case from ivyskin is everything I needed from an iPhone case. It's like a tank and protective but still slim. I dropped my phone many times since and this case did exactly as advertised. I highly recommend it. I receive the case 2 days after I order and didn't have to deal with their customer service so I can't comment on that but the product is amazing.

Last edited:
I purchased my wrangler case back in September and It's just a perfect case. I had my share of iPhone cases but this case from ivyskin is everything I needed from an iPhone case. It's like a tank and protective but still slim. I dropped my phone many times since and this case did exactly as advertised. I highly recommend it. I receive the case 2 days after I order and didn't have to deal with their customer service so I can't comment on that but the product is amazing.

Gotta say this post strikes me as a bit suspicious...

I told the folks at IvySkin I was going to put some effort into making sure my reviews were read, so it strikes me as a bit peculiar that this person's 1 post came just after I posted my reviews, and is the only glowing review of this case or company on the site. I'd like to believe its an honest review, but would not be surprised in the least bit of these guys put effort into planting false reviews too, especially when they have been informed they're coming!

But if I were to give this post any benefit of the doubt and assume for a second that you don't work for IvySkin then I will say the drop protection with this case is pretty much the only thing that is true as advertised. I really liked the glass front feature, and honestly wanted this case to work for me, but the fact that it ruined my photos on a camera with an 8 megapixel camera (part of my motivation to buy the phone in the first place!) was just unacceptable.

On that note...when I was talking with the "customer service" rep he was trying to convince me that the camera on these phones is an unimportant feature and all I should be worried about is protecting the case from dropping and shouldnt care what happens to my photos.

I said to the guy, 'try telling Apple that their 8 megapixel camera with 1080p high definition video is not an important element to this phone! that's a main reason why I bought the phone in the first place!' That was pretty much the last comment I was willing to hear from the guy and ended the call shortly thereafter.

No I don't work for ivy skin just because someone post a review contrary to what you post, you shouldnt bash them because you had a bad customer service issue. I purchase a $5000 speakers last month from bang&olufsen, I had so many issues with them. Tried to exchange them and the CS was horrible.... Did that reflect on the product they make, not for me. They make the best and I mean the best speakers you can buy for your music player and after contacting B&O directly ( two weeks later ), I was finally able to get the issues resolved...

Anyway, back to ivy skin, I purchase my case from them and I think these cases are as good as it gets for iPhone protection. I don't even understand what you're referring to about the camera being block with glass!!!! The camera cut-out on the back is open and doesn't have anything covering it. Only the front screen is covered with glass which also has a cut out on mine.

Really???

I'm sorry but I really find it hard the believe that you are happy with this case but I guess you are entitled to your opinion :-S

BUT ANYWAY... I did file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the complaint was eventually closed- there's only so much BBB can do...
here's an email I got from the BBB:

Business Name: Ivyskin.com

We have received your most recent correspondence in the above-mentioned complaint case.

You have indicated that you are NOT satisfied with the business' response in the matter.

Unfortunately, BBB can not pursue the matter further. BBB is a nonprofit organization with no legal powers.

BBB develops and maintains Reliability Reports on companies in our service area. This information is available to the public and is frequently used by potential customers. We closed your case "unresolved" and the complaint will become a part of the firm's file with BBB.

With any complaint, you have the option of pursuing the matter legally.

To pursue your complaint, please contact: Bergen Cty Div. of Consumer Protection, 1 Bergen County Plaza 3rd Floor, Hackensack, NJ, 07601-7076, phone:2013366400.

If the company has contacted you in the interim, please notify BBB immediately.

SOOO... if anyone wants to pursue their complaints- do what is mentioned above.

Also here's a link of the review from the BBB regarding Ivyskin... you will see as per the BBB
Ivyskin.com

This Business is not BBB Accredited

Ivyskin.com Business Review in South Hackensack, NJ - New Jersey BBB

I say it again as I said before, I had my share of iPhone cases before this case, with ivyskin case I ended my search. This case has everything I was looking for, super durable, hard body with soft finish, Ultra thin with glass screen covering iPhone's screen. Honestly, for all my other cases which I think are 6-7 before I got the wrangler case, I throw out in the garbage ... Didn't try to return it on a $10-40 product ... my time is more valuable :)

You're saying since I like this case, I must be working for ivy skin!!!! No buddy, maybe you used to work there and they fired you, who would bash a company like this!!!!!!!!!!!! " using 10 different user names, all with 2-3 posting only about ivy skin " with BBB, CNN, TNT CNC ETC>>>> all for a case...

Last edited:
No buddy, maybe you used to work there and they fired you, who would bash a company like this!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Haha...Buddy? Guess how many times I can ever recall being called 'buddy'?...ONCE! Just a few days ago, by the IvySkin "customer service" rep I spoke with!! Nice try man...and you're taking the same defiant and defensive tone you took with me on the phone, so thanks for validating my initial suspicions. People are not as stupid as you may think. Consumers are informed and empowered these days, and if you're so busy trying to fight them you're only missing out on the most valuable information and feedback you can collect as a company.

You shouldnt bash them because you had a bad customer service issue.... Did that reflect on the product they make, not for me.

If you knew the first thing about good business you would realize that customer service is just as important of an element to your company's brand as are the products themselves. If you look around online and in the BBB you can see the dozens of complaints on how you treat your customers and the ways that you refuse to resolve issues that people have. Rather than being smart about it and trying to correct the issues with your company you go out of your way to beligerently refute these claims, and in the process of doing so worsen your reputation even further.

Often times the mark of a good company is not whether or not their products or services have issues in the first place, but rather how they resolve these issues after they occur. Good customer service can earn customers for life and earn you referrals and recommendations and positive reviews. Bad customer service can create a ripple effect, especially in this age of social internet networks and the power of word of mouth.

What you are doing right now is only validating my original opinion on IvySkin, and the opinions of so many others you can read here and other places.

In your stubborn efforts to defend this company and its products despite the fact that the same problems seem to be taking place over and over again all you're doing is further motivating me to make sure that everybody I know and can reach never buy from IvySkin, and warn people they know to do the same.

With all due respect, I'd recommend that you simply give it up and strongly consider returning to work with some urgent recommendations to reevaluate your "customer service" program for the sake of protecting your company's brand and reputation before you completely ruin it...buddy.

Wow, this is too funny. Give me some popcorn! Ginack....pot calling the kettle black. You have 3 posts to your name! LOL!

I have to agree on the terrible service. I've been using Ivyskin cases for three years and love the glass and the feel of the case. I've had red and blue iPhone 3G cases and both for my iPhone 4 including the wrangler with the battery pack for my 4. I've returned one successfully for exchange after much grief. The slide is poor and the case comes apart every time I drop it BUT I've dropped it in concrete many many times, broken the glass twice and still prefer this case to any I've found. I've tried repeatedly to get extra rubber pieces because they fall out and get lost which makes it impossible to raise and lower volume and when the battery pack (which won't turn off) is charging my reception drops to "searching". I've reviewed these cases and their service on their site but the moderator must trash anything that isn't 5 stars because the reviews don't make it through. They will not respond to my requests - I'll switch to a different case just as soon as I find one that has a glass front and velvet touch like this one. In the mean time I guess i have to toleratetheir bad service and inferior buttons, track, and battery.

I have to agree on the terrible service. I've been using Ivyskin cases for three years and love the glass and the feel of the case. I've had red and blue iPhone 3G cases and both for my iPhone 4 including the wrangler with the battery pack for my 4. I've returned one successfully for exchange after much grief. The slide is poor and the case comes apart every time I drop it BUT I've dropped it in concrete many many times, broken the glass twice and still prefer this case to any I've found. I've tried repeatedly to get extra rubber pieces because they fall out and get lost which makes it impossible to raise and lower volume and when the battery pack (which won't turn off) is charging my reception drops to "searching". I've reviewed these cases and their service on their site but the moderator must trash anything that isn't 5 stars because the reviews don't make it through. They will not respond to my requests - I'll switch to a different case just as soon as I find one that has a glass front and velvet touch like this one. In the mean time I guess i have to toleratetheir bad service and inferior buttons, track, and battery.
i don't care how much i like a product,if i encounter bad customer service then thats it i don't use their products,there are three online companies online that i have used that give excellent customer service and products,they are Slickwraps,Maikai and Mobilefun,try them.

I've made my first post regarding the IvySkin case back on August (http:// [url]http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-4-accessories-14/beware-ivyskin-smartcase-customer-service-11126/#)
[/URL]... for ginack to accuse the people of using 10 different user names to write bad reviews about IvySkin is petty and insane. I follow up because I've subscribed to updates on this topic. In any event, the bad reviews outweigh whatever ginack has to say. I too have tried to review the case on the IvySkin site and like Skinner mentioned it seems like they moderate the reviews so that the bad reviews don't appear on their site. This is a very bad and dishonest company and I have to agree with what Poisonivy says "i don't care how much i like a product,if i encounter bad customer service then thats it i don't use their products"

I'll stand AGAINST IvySkin all the way... right now I use OtterBox and I'm HAPPY with that case... THE ONLY problem I have is that the plastic touch screen gets scratched BUT I called OtterBox and they replace it with an entirely BRAND NEW case that gets delivered in 2-3 days- no questions, no headaches (and NO I DO NOT WORK FOR OTTERBOX). I've been using OtterBox ever since my horrendous experience with IvySkin and my iPhone 4 has been protected and the case doesn't fall apart or shatter with drops- no problems here!

Again I urge ANYONE who has problems with IvySkin to make a complaint with BBB so that it will be on file.
To pursue your complaint, contact: Bergen Cty Div. of Consumer Protection, 1 Bergen County Plaza 3rd Floor, Hackensack, NJ, 07601-7076, phone:2013366400.

Maybe people need to start pursuing matters legally against them - a few Small Claims cases so that they can have judgments placed against them- that ought to wake their asses up!

You can blabber all you want about ivy skin otter box in case etc... but I tried them all and none come even close to this case. I like the case and their service " shipping the same day I ordered " was right on.

Ginack if all of this is blabber then why don't you start your own thread called 'I Love IvySkin' and see how many will agree with you there- good luck with that!

JGIRLNYC said:
Ginack if all of this is blabber then why don't you start your own thread called 'I Love IvySkin' and see how many will agree with you there- good luck with that!

;);););)

Thanks for your sharing information.It will help us to be alert..