What's new

Battery Drain 4.2.8 on IP 4

glad i haven't updated. I was thinking about it but after reading this think I will just stick with 4.2.6. Only reason I haven't updated is because I don't wanna loose my jailbreak and have to redo that.

Seems like a mixed bag of reviews. I have not updated to 4.28, running the previous version and been happy with it. May hold off.

The battery life could be better... especially since the iPhone 4 has the best battery supposedly.

Anyways... I've updated to 4.2.8 also, and the phone seems a bit slower at closing out apps, or going to the home screen. I've restored and it still seems slower than other iPhone 4's running older versions... This is a MAJOR concern to me considering what happened to my 3G phone slowing down when I had that model....

I've done side-by-side comparisons with other iPhone 4's and mine is slower, I've turned off Spotlight and did all the usual things like closing out apps... I average around 10-50MB free RAM so it couldn't be a memory issue, especially since I only have 15 apps anyways...

Me and my brother both bought our iPhone's on the same day at the Verizon store on May 3rd. I got the white one, he got the black one. That's the only difference. He's never updated his. I updated mine to 4.2.8 and mine is a tad bit slower at accessing the home screen now....

Updated to 4.2.8 on Tuesday and battery lasts half as long and the phone is warm to the touch. I changed all email settings to fetch from push and it helped slightly. Doubled tap home button to highlight apps running in the background and closed all of them, but it doesn't help much. Restored phone and nothing changed except I lost every app I ever bought. Where do I find the backup to restore those apps? How can I undo the 4.2.8 update?

Updated to 4.2.8 on Tuesday and battery lasts half as long and the phone is warm to the touch. I changed all email settings to fetch from push and it helped slightly. Doubled tap home button to highlight apps running in the background and closed all of them, but it doesn't help much. Restored phone and nothing changed except I lost every app I ever bought. Where do I find the backup to restore those apps? How can I undo the 4.2.8 update?

Did u save shsh? If not saved you can't downgrade to whatever iOS was on your phone before you upgrade iOS 4.2.8

The battery life could be better... especially since the iPhone 4 has the best battery supposedly.

Anyways... I've updated to 4.2.8 also, and the phone seems a bit slower at closing out apps, or going to the home screen. I've restored and it still seems slower than other iPhone 4's running older versions... This is a MAJOR concern to me considering what happened to my 3G phone slowing down when I had that model....

I've done side-by-side comparisons with other iPhone 4's and mine is slower, I've turned off Spotlight and did all the usual things like closing out apps... I average around 10-50MB free RAM so it couldn't be a memory issue, especially since I only have 15 apps anyways...

Me and my brother both bought our iPhone's on the same day at the Verizon store on May 3rd. I got the white one, he got the black one. That's the only difference. He's never updated his. I updated mine to 4.2.8 and mine is a tad bit slower at accessing the home screen now....

What's apple saying about this iOS 4.2.8 ? do the know about this issue on the iOS?

really my battery lasts longer on 4.2.8 i get 3 days. you say your phone is warm something is keeping it from sleeoping. whats your standby time compared to your usage time?

What's apple saying about this iOS 4.2.8 ? do the know about this issue on the iOS?
I called Apple Support. They weren't aware of any slowdowns.

I thought it backed up automatically with every sync ... apparently not. In addition to changing Push to Fetch for email settings, reducing location services to just weather and google maps, and frequently closing background apps, I turned off spotlight search 2 hours ago and that seems to help. I'll keep you posted on the battery drain and heat issues. Another interesting glitch is that I cannot delete text messages. The red delete button quickly appears then disappears whether I swipe the message or use the edit button. Guess I'll have to wait for the update to the update.

I have 4.28 it came with it when I bought the iphone about 2 weeks ago. My battery is always dying it doesn't last a day... Is there a fix to this?

My battery on the 4.2.8 is just fine, I really don't see the difference from 4.2.6 battery wise!!! The iPhone 4 battery last longer than ANY droid phone I've ever used!