What's new

Battery drain and themes?

bosox20

Reaction score
Do you guys see massive battery drain using themes that have animated weather widgets? or do themes in general drain battery much faster.. Ever since I jailbroke a month ago, i have noticed my battery drains about 15 or so Pecent an hour!! its incredible.. if I didn't have a charger at work and a couple at home, i would be dead before lunch..

A static theme will not decrease battery life in any way. The only time a theme will drain battery faster is if you use widgets or an animated wallpaper.

Yes. The theme I am using has animated weather widget and a google calendar widget.

Animated weather widget usually has graphic-intensive animations and also sends out a request every so often to update the weather status, so yes, that would definitely be a battery drainer.

I also have that problem, i went from day and half to just half a day. no bueno, but my phone does look sick. Animated weather with htc hd and also for lock screen, i read that if u do a hard reset it will fix the problem but it has taken me a month to tweak the phone how i want, dont really want to go back to stock. Also have everything turned off. Any tips or is it just my theme? Thanks

Another question. Does the animated weather constantly use data ?? Or only when it updates?

Jmills87 said:
Only when it updates

For every frame of animation, is that data? I guess animation is CPU intensive :/

For every frame of animation, is that data? I guess animation is CPU intensive :/

No, the only data the animated weather widgets use is to fetch the weather from the website. The animations are all built directly into the widget and are loaded from your phone. And yes, animation is both CPU and battery intensive.