What's new

Should I upgrade to 4.2.8?

nj1266

Reaction score
I have had my iphone since June 9th. I have zero problems. It syncs well with my PC. Run fast, no hiccups, nothing.

I am still running 4.2.6. Some have had battery drain issues with 4.2.8. So, I am hesistant to upgrade. What are the advantages of upgrading to 4.2.8? Would I notice any performance difference in my phone?

Yes you may or may not notice anything. Also your batt life may or may not get worse. But the iOS 5 will be out soon so why not wait for the 5

Yes you may or may not notice anything. Also your batt life may or may not get worse. But the iOS 5 will be out soon so why not wait for the 5

That is what I am thinking. Why risk it, when iOS5 is just around the corner. I think I am going to decline the upgrade when itunes asks me the next time I connect my phone to my PC.

There is also a Verizon carrier upgrade. What are your thoughts about it? Do it or do not do it?

Verizon carrier update? I don't know much about it and I will let those who know Verizon answer your question.

I'm on vzn and just got my iPhone 4 this past Friday. It came stock with 4.2.8 and my batty life is freaking awesome! I had the HTC Incredible and sometimes would barely make it thru the day!! I don't have any issues with batty compared to what I am accustomed to. The iPhone was only 25% used after an entire day... After heavy usage during my entire lunch break, txting thru the day etc etc! I'm loving it! 

Not sure about the vzn update sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

taken from another thread about the carrier update

"Just in case anyone is wondering. All the update is, is a 10kb file or so that updates the way the VZW iP4 handles data roaming. Before you would only be able to use VZW towers, now it will use partner towers (from Sprint, etc)"

taken from another thread about the carrier update

"Just in case anyone is wondering. All the update is, is a 10kb file or so that updates the way the VZW iP4 handles data roaming. Before you would only be able to use VZW towers, now it will use partner towers (from Sprint, etc)"

I did the carrier update. It was really fast. A small file. It is as if nothing happened...LOL

eddieg said:
I have 4.2.8 and my battery is amazing its like never ending i recomend you go with 4.2.8!!!

That's what I'm talking about! Lol 

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net