What's new

Verizon iPhone Battery Life Drain too fast??

double click home button and close all apps, do this frequently throughout the day. this saves tons of battery life

WOW, I didn't even know about the double tap to close apps, my battery seemed to be draining fast today also, but I just did the double tap and had about 15 apps running!

Thanks for the tip! :)
When I double tap all in the top part of screen are gray. Does that mean no apps are running?

It's normal for all the apps to go grey on top. You should be looking at the bottom of the screen for running or recently used apps.

Last edited:
"Just hecked mine and under time since last full charge mine shows - for both usage and standby. Do I have something set wrong"

Did you reset your phone? Mine did that too, when I restarted the phone. But for some reason when I reset now, it doesn't do it anymore. Weird...

So far I experienced usage/standby time being the same and the blank -- one time each.

"Just hecked mine and under time since last full charge mine shows - for both usage and standby. Do I have something set wrong"

Did you reset your phone? Mine did that too, when I restarted the phone. But for some reason when I reset now, it doesn't do it anymore. Weird...

So far I experienced usage/standby time being the same and the blank -- one time each.
Not sure what that means or how to do it. And if I do it will it remove all the settings I have set up and/or contacts? Will I lose apps?

It's normal for all the apps to go grey on top. You should be looking at the bottom of the screen for running or recently used apps.
"phone" icon? What does this mean, are they using battery? Am I not closing them properly, so they won't show up there?

"phone" icon? What does this mean, are they using battery? Am I not closing them properly, so they won't show up there?

Dont go by the multitask bar. Those apps most likely arent running, just have their state saved. but if you feel the need to, you can double tap home, press and hold an app till it jiggles, then click the minus symbols to your liking

Not sure what that means or how to do it. And if I do it will it remove all the settings I have set up and/or contacts? Will I lose apps?

I meant if you just turned your phone off by holding the sleep button and powering your iPhone off. And no you will not lose any settings. I just noticed or think that's how i got the - - for usage and standby.

The majority of apps showing on your multitask dock should just be in a frozen/saved state, until your open it again. So it shouldn't waste battery. There are some apps that will stay running in the background though such as gps apps, pandora, skype, etc.

Apple says multitask doesn't waste battery, but many iPhone owners say it does. Here are some articles:

Steve Jobs: "Trust the iPhone", Multitasking Don't waste battery life!

Does iPhone iOS multitasking drain my battery life? | The iPhone FAQ

Honestly I don't know for sure, but I sorta think it does. I'm always completely closing apps throughout the day. Just my opinion though...

62592d7d-c2ba-1676.jpg

If this was my droid incredible, the battery would have been dead yesterday.
My display here looks a little different. where yours strts with usage and standby mine starts with battery percentage (either on or off). And my usage and standby just shows as "-", can figure ou how to make times show up

My battery is lasting longer now, after I reset it :). Don't know what was causing the excessive battery drainage, but after resetting this is what I got.

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 449
You wanna see fast battery drain...get an Incredible!!!!

Or a Droid 2. Oh my god my battery died in like 3 hours the day I bought it, I hadn't even done anything with the phone yet. All Androids are battery hogs these days. My original Droid was the only decent battery I've had. My Fascinate's sucked before I rooted it, and now it's still not great.

i followed a lot of the tips people say. Letting it drain, waiting for an hour, and then letting it charge to full without touching it really helped. When it hit 100% i let it charge for about an hour more also.

Wierd thing is though when I let it drain and i left it off for about 3 hours, when i came back I was able to turn it on and it had 4% battery life. How did it have 4% battery life if i let it die?

Anyways battery life has been much better since then, I'm at about 5 hours of usage and 1 day and 3 hours idle and ive got 26% left.

I'm gonna let it drain again and see if it improves.

My battery is lasting longer now, after I reset it :). Don't know what was causing the excessive battery drainage, but after resetting this is what I got.
You only used your phone for 4 hours in 3 full days?

You only used your phone for 4 hours in 3 full days?

I wanted to see if I could make the 3 days of battery life Apple advertises lol. Tryed not to use the phone for anything except quick calls, couple txts, and e-mail.