What's new

sorry if this has been asked alot but need help with battery drain.

OMG! I had absolutely no idea of how to close out applications, or that it was even possible! My battery has been draining like crazy. I literally had every single app on my phone running! No wonder! You guys are awesome!

Most of those apps are NOT running... they are "suspended". If they use the multitask right, they will just pop back to the place you left off. The multitask bar keeps EVERYTHING you have ever opened (if it is installed) on it until you delete them off. Try turning your phone off with all of the apps there, and turn it back on and check the bar again. They will still be there, because theyre basically snapshots.

/rant

Just some FYI...the Bluetooth setting causes drain too...if your not using a hands free vehicle kit or ear bud I would suggest turning BT off in settings as well. The peeps at Apple confirmed this as a battery hog.

i think i am going to take the phone in and let them check it out. my wifi is turned off so is bluetooth. i do not have any emails accounts set up for it to check and i have my locations turned off. it was charged to 100% at 3am this morning. when i checked it at 11am it was down to 75%. that is without it being used at all.
at the rate it drains i have to put it on the charger at least once a day. sometimes twice.

i think i am going to take the phone in and let them check it out. my wifi is turned off so is bluetooth. i do not have any emails accounts set up for it to check and i have my locations turned off. it was charged to 100% at 3am this morning. when i checked it at 11am it was down to 75%. that is without it being used at all.
at the rate it drains i have to put it on the charger at least once a day. sometimes twice.

Back everything up in itunes, restore the phone, then let it sync, not restore to a backup. worth a shot :)

i talked to the people at my verizon store and they could not help me. they said they are not allowed to trouble shoot the apple products and that i had to call apple tech support. i talked to the guy at apple and he said the battery drain is normal. so that is cool.
i can live with it i just wanted to make sure it was not the phone. he also told me that ir drains less battery to keep the wifi turned on. he was pretty helpful although i do not care for the fact that i only have 3 months of tech support. after that i have to pay or i have to pay for a 2 year tech plan.

Well that's what my phone uses. Give it a try and see...

My phone doesn't loose even 1% over night. I make sure that all push are off nothing runing in the background as well And ofcourse my phone is never in airplane mode. I go to bed with 45% and in the morning it's still 45%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually have my phone on charge all night unless it's still above 70%. Then I turn airplane mode on so I don't need to charge it all night. I can't turn it off as I need the alarm in the morning. I might try without airplane mode one night and see how I get on...

If you dont have push email on whats the point of having a smart phone? I just dont get that. My wife is having battery drain problems too with hers, and she just checks email and makes a few calls during the day. Last night she was at like 12% after being off the charger for about 10 hours, thats worse life than my Android phone.

My phone doesn't loose even 1% over night. I make sure that all push are off nothing runing in the background as well And ofcourse my phone is never in airplane mode. I go to bed with 45% and in the morning it's still 45%.
So by that logic your phone has a 25-50 day standby time.