What's new

Battery drain in standby

Carlos28355

Reaction score
Just over a month ago i started noticing that my phone was draining more than usual in standby about 10% in an 8 hour period. Not as bad as some of the horror stories you read about but more than it should be. Usually i get 0 to 1% battery drain during standby while i sleep. So I started experimenting. Ive tried turning off wifi one night then the next turn off location services. and turned off background usage and then tried turning all notifications off then tried it in airplane mode and another night tried just turning off cell services and none of these really had an affect on the battery drain it was all about 10% in the 8 hour period or so.

So i tried resetting everything on the phone and restoring it back through icloud and didnt work so then the next night i tried wiping everything without restoring and it didnt work. Then ios8 came out and i thought maybe would help tried updating to that and nothing. Then started the wipe off again without restoring and same thing. then tried doing all these steps from itunes rather than restoring from cloud. and didnt make a difference. So i got a new battery from ifixit and to very much my surprise it didnt make a difference at all...

Am I missing something??? Thanks!

iphone 5 with ios8.02

you can try some of these tips

settings> general> background app refresh > please do you set usage that you use often and you do not often use

settings > notification center> there you set, do all your application entries to the notification center, aatau not aware, it takes you battery power consumption.

settings > privacy > location services > do not ever even disable this feature, make off in some applications but do not ever turn off in the find my iphone. but maybe you can off it everything on the system service

Now that you have iOS8, you can see what your battery usage is.

Settings>General>Usage>Battery Usage

In my case, I have found that the display uses the largest amount of battery percentage. so I make sure my brightness setting is halfway or lower.

Thanks for response. just got off chat with Apple. Im taking it in to apple store. they said i did more trouble shooting that most people and only option at this point is to have someone physically look at it

Life is to short. You can go so far to trouble shoot and of course seek assistance here however at the end of the day after trying the main solutions and you still have issues then Apple is your answer.