What's new

wtf battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryann9182

Reaction score
went to work today with 98% battery. At work I have no service (maybe 1-2 bars at most) and i'm usually on the EDGE network. Over a period of 6.5 hours with medium usage my battery went from 98% to 9% by the end of the night. A girl who I was working with has the iphone 4 as well on the same network, and her battery only went from 79% to 66%.

I had wi-fi turned off, no apps running in the background and set my weather to update every 2 hours. How could my battery be draining that much that quickly? My brightness was set to the same as hers, w/ auto-brightness turned on.

Version 4.2.6
Modem Firmware 1.0.05 if that helps at all

i keep leaving **** out lol. battery is 100% fine at home with full service and everything, lasts all day. When i'm at work with no service and moderate usage the battery drains at almost 20% and hour

Is yur phone set to search for 3g/HSDPA ; if you have 2 bars, and edge only, the phone will constantly "search" for better network quality. Thats what mine did, turning off 3g helped

Last edited:
U have a defective battery for sure. Apple store for a battery replacement if you are allow to do that for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm gonna look into updating my firmware version to 4.2.8 tonight. A friend of mine said that it supposedly has better battery management

This is not a "Battery" issue. It is a "How cell phones work" issue.

Depending on several factor, if your antenna is only able to achieve around -98 to -104 dBm on the cell signal, it will start draining the battery very quickly due to how cellular technology works. And if your dBM is -104 or less (remember we are going in the negative direction so less is WORSE ie -98 dBm is better than -104 dBm) you can kiss your battery goodbye in mere hours without ever touching it. This affects EVERY cell phone ever made.

There is a ton of info on this subject online should you wish to investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.