What's new

Sudden iPhone battery drain?

iniesta

Reaction score
Overnight, my iPhone has been dropping about 30% of battery.

As well, battery also seems to be getting chewed up much faster during the day, when I use my iPhone, compared to normal. For example, I'd lose 1-2% of battery for every second of normal usage, for example, using WhatsApp or internet surfing. This is about double the amount I used to lose.

When I play iTunes songs for about 1 hour, I'd lose about 25% of battery these days. I used to lose only 10% when I did this.

This has been the case for the past two days.

Previously, it used to drop only about 5% every night.

However, I don't remember installing any new apps, themes or tweaks recently, so what could the reason for this sudden battery drain be? Any suggestions? :) I also haven't changed or adjusted my iPhone's settings since then i.e. screen brightness, etc.

I have an iPhone 4 (5.0.1), jailbroken.

Last edited:
Restart the phone by pressing and holding the top button then the home button until the phone restarts. Then charge it to 100% and let it drain til it dies and charge to 100% again. When charging, don't take the phone off the charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your response... my phone's dropping less than 10% overnight now...

Restart the phone by pressing and holding the top button then the home button until the phone restarts. Then charge it to 100% and let it drain til it dies and charge to 100% again. When charging, don't take the phone off the charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just had the weirdest thing happen to me today. i've had my iphone 4 for exactly 2 years now. i left it last night with 80% battery, slept for 8 hours, woke up to find it at 35%. wifi was off, no programs were running except for: calendar, messages, settings, skype. there were no notifications at all.

my normal battery drain during night time is between 5% and 7%. i have never had a 50% drop! but i usually don't leave skype running. the phone is running the latest ios (which i think is 6.1)
this happened to me once only on ios 5, but i had left teh phone for 6 hours in a poor reception area. however laast night it was at home, which is notmally a good reception area.

my question is: could this have been skype running, or is it possible that i had lost signal at some point and the phone was searching all night? and if so, should this drain 50%?

is there a solution or a way of finding out what's wrong?