What's new

battery life is draining when phone is on standby

cormierkyle

Reaction score
My 4s is only 3 months old. Never had issues with the battery. All of a sudden it is draining rapidly while it is on standby. I have turned off wifi, bluetooth,all open apps. Have not messed with any settings so I don't know what happened all of a sudden?

My 4s is only 3 months old. Never had issues with the battery. All of a sudden it is draining rapidly while it is on standby. I have turned off wifi, bluetooth,all open apps. Have not messed with any settings so I don't know what happened all of a sudden?

Go to Settings -> General -> Usage and go to the bottom where it tells you usage time and take a screenshot and put it on here.

$IMG_1690.jpg
here is a picture of my usage screen

Procedures such as occasionally turning off your iPhone for a minute or two helps along with calibrating your battery occasionally.

Check in location services as this will show by way of an icon what app is and has recently used your location which uses battery.

General, about, diagnostics and usage and choose, don't send.

Location services, system services and toggle everything off.

These are some of the most common known reasons of battery loss along with the usual wifi, bluetooth and screen brightness settings etc.

I prefer not to toggle everything off as i want to get the most from my iPhone 4.
I get around 1.5 days usage with moderate to heavy use. Im not a gamer.

Procedures such as occasionally turning off your iPhone for a minute or two helps along with calibrating your battery occasionally.

Check in location services as this will show by way of an icon what app is and has recently used your location which uses battery.

General, about, diagnostics and usage and choose, don't send.

Location services, system services and toggle everything off.

These are some of the most common known reasons of battery loss along with the usual wifi, bluetooth and screen brightness settings etc.

I prefer not to toggle everything off as i want to get the most from my iPhone 4.
I get around 1.5 days usage with moderate to heavy use. Im not a gamer.

That was my first thought too, cause that's what my problem was, but he was saying it just happened out of nowhere after not having a problem. I know I've seen some apps that need location data that would constantly request gps lock. It's happened to me with the Waze GPS app, where even after I would force it to close it would still be requesting gps lock. They've fixed it since, but it can happen

Sorry for jumping in.
*chunky* I noticed you were saying your iPhone 4 runs moderate to heavy use & the battery lasts1.5 days! Are you jailbroken??

••• Sent from my iphone 4•••
✿ver 5.01 16Gig Black✿

Yes my iPhone 4 is jailbroken however even when it wasn't , which was for over 8 months I still got approx 1.5 days usage between charging.

Why do you ask if I'm jailbroken ?

b47f0ace.jpg

This is my battery with really heavy usage.

e399957b.jpg

Again....with really heavy usage.

Apple recommend to prolong battery life and to maintain battery performance, you should run your battery completely flat then fully recharge once per month. I suppose you've done this?

i forgot my phone at home today (4s with 5.1) and it was turned off on data. so only normal cell phone signal. the battey went from 89 to around 79. so i lost 10% in a matter of 12 hours. is that good or bad?

kingnba6 said:
i forgot my phone at home today (4s with 5.1) and it was turned off on data. so only normal cell phone signal. the battey went from 89 to around 79. so i lost 10% in a matter of 12 hours. is that good or bad?

That's just fine!

Yes my iPhone 4 is jailbroken however even when it wasn't , which was for over 8 months I still got approx 1.5 days usage between charging.

Why do you ask if I'm jailbroken ?

Was just that I'm jailbroken & thought your battery life must have been down to not being jailbroken. Thanks.

•••iPhone 4•••
✿ver 5.01~Black 16Gig✿