What's new

What's Draining my Battery?

It always takes a while to come off 100% i bet you wont get 1 hour of usage from 98% to 96% post a screen shot then.

It always takes a while to come off 100% i bet you wont get 1 hour of usage from 98% to 96% post a screen shot then.

Here is a new screenshot I just make, but it drops like this because I'm now writing this post right from my iPhone and on EDGE network. You understand that EDGE and 3G eat battery when using them.
7588006c-f5e6-df91.jpg
but well I will stop making Internet on the phone and keep on reading or editing doc. I will post another screenshot after 1 or 2h. See you.

So you got 1 hour from 100% to 98% then from 98% to 96% you only got about 6 min thats why i said it takes a while to come off 100% so you really cant go by your first screen shot.

So you got 1 hour from 100% to 98% then from 98% to 96% you only got about 6 min thats why i said it takes a while to come off 100% so you really cant go by your first screen shot.

Here is how it's doing so far: see screenshot...
7588006c-2c01-bf8f.jpg
burned 30% of battery life in 4h time, that's about 10% of battery life every 80mn. Anyway, most of the time at the end of the day I found that I'm having 9h or 8h and some time 7h of usage time. It's all depend about what I did on the phone and most of it depend on the network signal strength. A 1 or 2 bars of signal draining more battery than you could imagine, specially if one have a low signal connection all time or most of the time.

This isn't the case with me, Eddie. Until I turned off everything in the Systems area of Location services - the 100% indicator would stay that way for maybe 2 minutes of "moderate data use" or "calls". And maybe 5 minutes to 10 minutes when in standby. Now that all system-based Location Services are off on my phone I get at least 20-30 minutes of 100% on standby and 10-15 of minutes of 100% when surfing. One or more of the system based location services is making a HUGE difference for me.

Also I should tell the forum that I keep Push off and Fetch set to manual just as a regular course of action to save battery. I did this on my 4 too. But even with those two off I was having inordinate battery drain issues - like most people are reporting.

Now we're talkin'!! All system based Location services off.

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322452065.887219.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322452065.887219.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 511
darkstar2007 said:
We wouldn't have it any other way man! :D

As a big Highlander fan, I totally appreciate the pic in your post/signature. ROFLMAO

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net