What's new

Absinthe 5.1.1 PROBLEMS STUCK at screen

Reiter

Reaction score
I reset the phone by holding the power and home screen button because it froze and now the iphone (4s) will not get past the apple screen. I have tried the redsnow Pwned DFU and i cannot get the phone into DFU mode. I have followed the steps but everytime the phone connects to the computer it will turn on. I AM STUCK please help me.

I got the phone to boot holding the volume UP button and now i cannot access any of my cydia apps under settings and biteSMS is there but my old messages app is working instead... how do i restore the functions back?

DO NOT use pwned dfu in redsn0w. It isnt compatible with iPhone 4S

I got the phone to boot holding the volume UP button and now i cannot access any of my cydia apps under settings and biteSMS is there but my old messages app is working instead... how do i restore the functions back?

So, you have put your device into failsafe mode, where all your JB tweaks and apps are disabled. In this mode you should be able to open Cydia and remove problem apps or tweaks from your device. You have probably installed something that is not designed of your iPhone or IOS version 5.1.1. You need to try and remember the apps / tweaks you installed most recently and remove them. Check the descriptions in Cydia to see if they give you any clues to compatibility. If they are old or don't mention 5.1.1 support or iPhone4S there is a chance they are not compatible and should be removed.

Reboot the phone. If it sticks at the Apple logo for too long without starting (make sure you give it enough time. don't be too impatient), then use the "volume up" method again and remove another tweak.

Alternatively, you could just bite the bullet and restore the device back to stock 5.1.1 and re-jailbreak, starting afresh. Just beware of what you then go on to install.

Good luck.