What's new

10 simple reasons why I dumped Android for the iPhone 4S

iphone all the time and every time. Android is dying already, i give it 2 more years.

iphone all the time and every time. Android is dying already, i give it 2 more years.

Apple was able to shrink android's user base and gain market share with the i4S which had DNA from way back in 2010.

If Apple's iPhone5 shows up with LTE, 3.9" display, new design, NFC, and better battery tech, it will decimate android's market share, and certainly it's revenue share to a point where it will not be profitable for many android phone makers.

I agree after using iphone 4 for 6 months, i switched to android,used phones like HTC desire,sensation,samsung galaxy s2 ,galaxy NOTE, hardware is good,but android sucks,its too system hogging

I agree with the OP's comments. I will be ditching Android for a 4s this week. My Android phones in order of use; OG Droid>Fascinate>Charge>Nexus>Charge. The Nexus was just horrible. All the fanboys claim the issues are software related & they will be fixed shortly. Well two months & 2 updates later, the problems remain. The only plus was the screen & ICS.

My only concerns with the 4s are the smaller screen, & no LTE. Hopefully they will be non-issues.

I had a moto droid 2g. I hated it and wanted to smash a million times. this is my 1 and onu experience with android. It left such a sour taste in my mouth that I will never again buy an android based phone.

I have been using a 4s since December and love it. I can't say enough good things about it. As fare as screen size is concerned. It's a phone and I want it to fit in my pocket. I feel. The current screen size is just fine.

I now use my d2g to chalk the door open. Works great.

I just got a iphone 4s yesterday in place of my HTC evo. Thankfully sprint gave 90$ trade-in for my EVO which was good considering only paying 200! Jailbreaking on a iphone is SOO much easier than android devices, missing my HTC clock and layout i was able to theme my iphone into a HTC phone(AWESOME!). Im agreewing on the ios being much smoother than androids and not having to make tweaks to keep it stable or speed up the processor. Nice post overall.

Lo guys, don't compare the iPhone 4/4s to a two or three year old Android phone.

Those are just 10 of the many many reasons I left Android for IOS. I bought a 4S and have never looked back. Im a former android fanboy that thought Id never by apple.

There's always gonna be people that go to Android instead of the iPhone simply because of the price difference. As long as there's a phone that's "cheaper" than Than the iPhones, there's gonna be people that will buy it. And it will always be like this. Android has been around for longer then the iPhone.

Not everyone goes for the best smart phone you can get....some people will never even buy one just because they can always spend "less money" and get an Android.

Its just like brand name products and knock off products..................
Yeah it's better, but it's more expensive too. When you compare to the prices of a lot of Android phones anyway.

If Androids go out of market.....well pretty much every other "cheaper" product in every living aspect will go out too.........Do ya really think that's gonna happen?....c'mon.

Last edited:
The Android phones become cheaper in a short amount of time because the OS is usually outdated six months after the phone is released.

Sent from my OEM iPhone

My son showed me his new ASUS pad, the one with detachable keyboard and apparently 5 processors.

He ran a demo cartoon showing off the lighting effects to me, which was tbf very impressive - once several glitches and 2 resets were performed 'which it had not done before' were got past.

I said to him in a comforting tone, these effects fortunately were not strictly required in spreadsheets and word processing apps ;).

Just made me think back, my early days of PC's you'd go ti a computer fair, built the most wicked games machine you could afford, a few months later a new must have game came out, needing better graphics cards = new card, ditto more memory, the faster memory and the circle rolled on.

In effect s new game to be playable could cost you a lot of money in upgrades because your latest bee's knee's machine could not meet the demands if the software, so it was virtually an expensive door stop within a year.

These days I own a asus laptop and do all my gaming on an xbox 360, so to get my money the games writers have to be less lazy, there is no viable hardware/memory expansions available.

This relates to the phones and tablets in that the Apple iOS (tweaks and bugs aside), is only seriously updated about once a year, such is the quality of its system writers, it is backwards compatible and fairly painless to achieve with very little knowledge.

Many enjoy the tinkering element of jail-breaking or Android routing, just as many tinker with cars, nothing wrong in that - but i personally don't, so i keep it stock.

i wan't it to work out if the box - and keep on working with no effort from me, anyone buying iOS kit means like me they are likely happy to pay for that amazing reliability.

So It don't matter which fanzine club your in, your not going to deal a knock out to the others, or make them wrong, because our priorities as individuals are all different.

make a decision which you think is right.
you just remind me of that happened to one of my friends: unfortunately, his Motorala was stolen couple days ago, he asked me what kind of device to buy. I answered maybe another Moto if possible. then he chose iPhone 4S. it's not bad to try something new.

Thumbs up
I also though of posting these reasons but tnx man. U just did my home work.
:)