What's new

leaving android after 2 years...picking up 64 black 4s this week...

cmantelope

Reaction score
Hi everyone

About to make the jump to ios 5 from android vs.2.3.4 ...... main reasons are Android os unreliability, manufacturer issues (HTC), the ability to carry all my itunes, and the sync/streaming functions of the apple tv box.... I realize I may be giving up some flexibility with apps...but many friends and relatives have iphone so facetime & imesssage are appealing .....thought about Samsung Nexus, but the hardware felt cheap, and i dont want to shove a tablet in my pocket!

Looking forward to experiencing everything iphone...and reading all of your posts!

I left android myself and went iPhone 4S and have never looked back. Welcome!

Have the 64 black myself. Welcome to the club.:) You won't regret it.

Hi and welcome! I'm sure that you will love having the iPhone. If you do get bored with it being stock, you could always JailBreak it! ;-)

Last edited:
You'll love it. I had the Incredible and Incredible 2. Now on the 64gb 4S. Love the phone, especially after jailbreak.

thanks everyone...i am also replacing original incredible....and reading about jailbreaking........love this forum!

cmantelope said:
Hi everyone

About to make the jump to ios 5 from android vs.2.3.4 ...... main reasons are Android os unreliability, manufacturer issues (HTC), the ability to carry all my itunes, and the sync/streaming functions of the apple tv box.... I realize I may be giving up some flexibility with apps...but many friends and relatives have iphone so facetime & imesssage are appealing .....thought about Samsung Nexus, but the hardware felt cheap, and i dont want to shove a tablet in my pocket!

Looking forward to experiencing everything iphone...and reading all of your posts!

I think you will be pleased. I got my first iPhone maybe three weeks ago now. I got the 4s and I have not have one complaint. I love the iTunes. I don't care that I can't make my songs into a ringtone and I just love the whole set up. I probably have one complaint and that is when I am typing a message,email, in forum and if I spell something wrong and I don't catch it it's hard to click on the word to correct it. Android was better at that bit this is not a complaint either I just need to Learn to pay attention so I don't have to erase a whole sentence to get to my word I need to fix. Haha I love my phone and so glad I went with the iPhone. Have fun.

tman065 said:
I just did the same thing. I DO miss the bigger screen of my DroidX. And a few other things.

I thought I wanted a bigger screen that was my big desion but now I took plunge for iPhone I am pleased and bigger screen don't mean anything to me.

I think you will be pleased. I got my first iPhone maybe three weeks ago now. I got the 4s and I have not have one complaint. I love the iTunes. I don't care that I can't make my songs into a ringtone and I just love the whole set up. I probably have one complaint and that is when I am typing a message,email, in forum and if I spell something wrong and I don't catch it it's hard to click on the word to correct it. Android was better at that bit this is not a complaint either I just need to Learn to pay attention so I don't have to erase a whole sentence to get to my word I need to fix. Haha I love my phone and so glad I went with the iPhone. Have fun.
You can enable auto-correction in settings> general> keyboard> auto-correction/ ON. This will automatically correct most of the words you are mistyping. Also on the same keyboard page, i mean settings> general> keyboard> shortcuts/ you can add your own shortcuts there.
If by the time you almost finish typing your note, sms, email you find out that there are mistakes in a word or certain words, tap and hold your finger on the word you want to correct, a zoom glass will pop up while your finger is on the word, you can then move your finger around the word (backward or forward upward or downward all around your text) to position the curser where you want it to be so you can correct your word to your liking. Enjoy your iPhone.

Last edited:
Hi everyone

Welcome to the forum. The iPhone has much to offer. And as long as you have a device you are happy with that's all that matters.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I myself was with android for years(6years to be exact)and i just recently got my first iphone 4S,me and my wife.And i will never go back to and android phone again,just wished i had done it sooner! APPLE FOREVER! You won't be disappointed,Welcome!:iphone4horiz:

bab2010 said:
You can enable auto-correction in settings> general> keyboard> auto-correction/ ON. This will automatically correct most of the words you are mistyping. Also on the same keyboard page, i mean settings> general> keyboard> shortcuts/ you can add your own shortcuts there.
If by the time you almost finish typing your note, sms, email you find out that there are mistakes in a word or certain words, tap and hold your finger on the word you want to correct, a zoom glass will pop up while your finger is on the word, you can then move your finger around the word (backward or forward upward or downward all around your text) to position the curser where you want it to be so you can correct your word to your liking. Enjoy your iPhone.

Thank you!!

One of the best things about the iPhone is the HUGE SELECTION of aftermarket accessories. You want a thermometer grill, radar detector, joystick controls, etc? You name, it's available. And it is sooooo awesome going to hotels with iphone clock radio docks and health clubs with iphone ready treadmills. No other phone on the face of the planet enjoys this kind of aftermarket support.