What's new

04.11.08 Hardware Unlock coming for iPhone4 users?

Jmills87 said:
If you removed your phone's baseband you would not be able to use it as a phone. The option you are speaking of does not remove the baseband but rather installs the iPad baseband(which is unlokckable) onto an iPhone. It only works on iPhone3G and 3Gs though and you will most likely lose GPS by installing it.

ok i just got the point of the explanation i've read. removing baseband in ipsw customization means using stock baseband originally in the iphone, so this feature is addressed to upgrade the firmware without losing the baseband. is it right?

thanks for answer :)

Have a question so Gevey sim unlock for 04.11.08 bb will not be released or can we hope or is there any news on this !
My Iphone is screwed coz i updated my bb and i cant get that downgraded & thence its an Ipod!
Have to use a cheap phone besides that!!
Really like a reply !
Thanks!

so this feature is addressed to upgrade the firmware without losing the baseband. is it right?

Correct, any time you restore a custom firmware your baseband is preserved.

Have a question so Gevey sim unlock for 04.11.08 bb will not be released or can we hope or is there any news on this

No, there has been no word of Gevey making a new SIM to support the new baseband. The only rumored SIM is this Vold Miracle SIM that I reported in the original post.