What's new

Iphone Unlocking and Jailbreak Paid services.

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of you out there are wondering about paid for unlocking services and jailbreak ones that offer these services for a price usually around 20 bucks.

Now some of the services have in the past worked such as the recent Perm unlock solutions that where huge for one firmware and it did work but the price to unlock was a few hundred bucks but it perm unlocked any device on any baseband.. So of course every one jumped at the chance who needed unlock rather then waiting for the software unlocks provided FREE by the dev team (Ultrasn0w) that is downloaded from cydia.

BUT what was funny is that this amazing new unlock that was not free worked for one firmware and apple was very quick to patch it up so all those people who paid all of that money ended up losing it because these unlock sites refused to refund of course so it ended up being a very expensive one firmware unlock.

There are so many sites that you will find on google "Unlock your iphone 4/3GS with any baseband for 20 bucks"

Now these sites are always scams! what they do is take FREE tools provided in the past to unlock iphones and slap their name on it and pretend they made it and charge people for this free method of unlocking, It is also not safe because most of the time they claim that the tool works with baseband that it does NOT so it often causes the user to have problems and they think its a problem with Unlocking in general and end up never trying it again and being ripped off on top of it.

When it comes to hardware unlock people have turned to gevey sim that is not free but this is a grey area because these type of solutions can cause more problems then they are worth.

Here at iphoneforums.net we will not tolerate any one pasting links for these sites or owners trying to advertise the sites as we do not want our users to fall for these scams, But a lot of you seem to be asking about it and seriously thinking of paying... my advise is think again!!!

Now when it comes to jailbreaking you should NEVER pay to jailbreak EVER!

Some times a Jailbreak can take time to be released for each firmware and some times very quickly but this is and will always be free with tools provided by the dev team, But again like the Unlocking sites promise jailbreak for firmware that cant be jailbroken at the time and take these free tools and gain from other peoples hard work, Don't support them!

I always use iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials for free tutorials on how to jailbreak each firmware with windows and mac and all the files you need are available there for free of course.

If you plan to jailbreak I wold advise not to use a tethered jailbreak (a tethered jailbreak means that every time you reboot your device you would have to re-jailbreak in order for it to boot up again and for this reason I would wait for an un tethered jailbreak as you never know when you will be forced to restart your device) and make sure you have read up well about jailbreaking before you attempt it and make sure you are using the right method and files. If you make a mistake you can easily restore and you never have a problem but its more of a hassle then anything else to make a mistake and have to start from the beginning again and restore. and of course it scares the user to thinking there might be a huge problem with the phone and you panic and go crazy looking for advise on google.

To learn more about jailbreaking >

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/hacking-tutorials-guides-68/what-jailbreaking-15928/

One of the Dev team sites with constant updates >

Dev-Team Blog

Or people to follow on twitter, @MuscleNerd , @greenpois0n , @iH8sn0w , @saurik , @comex , @p0sixninja

And here is a current list of jailbreaking methods.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/jailbreaking-methods-iphone-18519/

If you are still un sure then please ask, make sure you have all the correct information and do not end up paying for tools that are provided FREE..

Last edited:
nice information Unleashed. Users should learn a lot from this. I know I will

iPhone Dec team's iPhone 4,3G and 3GS Software unlock,now with added Pwnapple.Compatible with iPhone 4 baseband 01.59.00 and iPhone 3G/3GS basebands 04.26.08,05.11.07,05.12.01,05.13.04 and 06.15.00 !
this text is on my ultrasn0w,cydia :S

Great information! However, I disagree with your stance on Gevey. As long as you get the Gevey SIM from an authorized reseller(ApplenBerry) and you have a baseband that is compatible with Gevey(anything but 04.11.08) it will work perfectly fine. I have unlocked over 20 phones using this method and have never come across any issues.

For those of us in the US(where carriers will not unlock phones) Gevey SIM is often times our only option for unlocking, and I think that people just need to be educated on purchasing legitimate Gevey SIMs instead of buying knockoffs on eBay and Amazon(which are the ones that cause issues).

That is a pretty bold statement, I personally run my own IMEI unlocking service and we have great customer service and refund policy. :/ I have helped a few individuals on this site to unlock there iPhones for a very low price. There are a lot of places now that offer IMEI unlocks that are successful and you are free to update without losing the unlock. Also for my input, I dont trust Gevey SIM. I am all for the GPP Sim Unlocks, that is all I use at my shop and I purchase in bulk from a certified dealer with warranty. You should PM me and maybe we can set up a sticky post with information about unlocking iPhones and what is safe and unsafe :D

A nice post indeed, but being realistic, we should think beyond baseband restrictions for iPhone 4 & beyond. People really need to look to paid unlocking services, as Akwan said. I am also one of them, providing official unlock rates at extremely reasonable rates. Why administrator here don't consider creating a professional thread for needy unlock requiring users of this website? Would be very beneficial.

A nice post indeed, but being realistic, we should think beyond baseband restrictions for iPhone 4 & beyond. People really need to look to paid unlocking services, as Akwan said. I am also one of them, providing official unlock rates at extremely reasonable rates. Why administrator here don't consider creating a professional thread for needy unlock requiring users of this website? Would be very beneficial.

If you want to advertise your business on this site you have to be a supporting vendor. You can contact the forum administrators to enquire about supporting vendor status by going here. http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/sendmessage.php
Supporting vendors have their own sub-forums where they can advertise their products and services to members and visitors.