What's new

04.11.08 Hardware Unlock coming for iPhone4 users?

Jmills87

Reaction score
Well, this morning, I was made aware of a new SIM interposer hack being developed by a Chinese company. The new SIM interposer is called the Vold Miracle SIM. The website claims that this new interposer will allow you to unlock 04.11.08 on an iPhone4. However, the SIMs have not yet been released so nobody can confirm if it works or not. The SIM can be pre-ordered for $99, although right now the site says they are sold out. I have heard from a few people that they plan on releasing at the end of December. So for those stuck on 04.11.08, there may be hope for you yet!

Jmills87 said:
Well, this morning, I was made aware of a new SIM interposer hack being developed by a Chinese company. The new SIM interposer is called the Vold Miracle SIM. The website claims that this new interposer will allow you to unlock 04.11.08 on an iPhone4. However, the SIMs have not yet been released so nobody can confirm if it works or not. The SIM can be pre-ordered for $99, although right now the site says they are sold out. I have heard from a few people that they plan on releasing at the end of December. So for those stuck on 04.11.08, there may be hope for you yet!

Just seen this on you tube No proof as of yet if it works Said on you tube it should cost about 40 uk pounds to buy If this is true and works it will sell out very quick:):)

It will get cheaper as time goes on, but it seems that initially it will cost $99 USD before tax/shipping. This is about the same price that Gevey began selling for when they were first released, but a month or two after that the price got cut in half so it is definitely a viable option for unlocking! Hopefully this will be like the Gevey Ultra SIM where you don't have to dial an emergency number in order to unlock.

Jmills87 said:
It will get cheaper as time goes on, but it seems that initially it will cost $99 USD before tax/shipping. This is about the same price that Gevey began selling for when they were first released, but a month or two after that the price got cut in half so it is definitely a viable option for unlocking! Hopefully this will be like the Gevey Ultra SIM where you don't have to dial an emergency number in order to unlock.

I presume if an iPhone was jailbroken would this sim unlock it as well ????

Jmills87 said:
Likely you will need to be jailbroken in order for it to work(like with the Gevey SIM)

No doubt there will be millions of threads on here in the next few weeks about this..It will keep the moderators busy for a while closing threads☺☺☺lol:) :)

So let me get this straight.. lol

It doesn't matter what firmware version the iPhone is, if it has a baseband of 4.11.08, it cannot be unlocked?

I have people telling me that it can be unlocked on 4.3.3 and earlier.. It just can't be on 5.0.1.

Hi, i need to know, will there be able to unlock this bb on 5.0.1, i mean can i hope that it can be unlocked? :(

Again, unlock only relies on baseband, not firmware. This SIM(if its legit) will unlock the 04.11.08 baseband on ANY firmware.

No news since the end of November. Rumors about a late-January release but it's all hearsay at this point.

hi, i'm a newbie in iphone stuffs, but i really want to help my sister to get her baseband problem solved. i just read some explanations about redsn0w's feature "custom ipsw" to remove baseband. if baseband got removed, what does it mean?

If you removed your phone's baseband you would not be able to use it as a phone. The option you are speaking of does not remove the baseband but rather installs the iPad baseband(which is unlokckable) onto an iPhone. It only works on iPhone3G and 3Gs though and you will most likely lose GPS by installing it.