What's new

Will jailbrake be noticed by user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garb

Reaction score
If I jailbreak my iPhone, and remove the Cydia app - will the jailbreak be noticeable for the user in general? How can I tell if a iPhone is jailbroken if Cydia is removed? (I have searched in the forum, but not found and posts on this issue ...)

out of curiousity why delete cydia ? that is the main goal of a jailbroken phone to add the tweaks like winterboard. etc...

If there's no cydia then the iPhone is probably not jailbroken.. And if it is actually jailbroken and you can't see the cydia app then the cydia app may be hidden using SBsettings, Poof or any other tweak..

out of curiousity why delete cydia ? that is the main goal of a jailbroken phone to add the tweaks like winterboard. etc...
My iPhone is being used by several family members. This is ok for me, but I have set strict rules for using it, e.g. no "bad" websites etc. I suspect it is being used to other things than intended, so I want to jailbreak it and install a keylogger, to monitor the activity on my phone. If I do this, I do not want the users to notice that it is jailbroken. ... so ... will it be noticed if I remove Cydia?

My iPhone is being used by several family members. This is ok for me, but I have set strict rules for using it, e.g. no "bad" websites etc. I suspect it is being used to other things than intended, so I want to jailbreak it and install a keylogger, to monitor the activity on my phone. If I do this, I do not want the users to notice that it is jailbroken. ... so ... will it be noticed if I remove Cydia?
Just download SBsettings and use it to hide cydia.. Otherwise you can remove cydia and still be jailbroken.. Cydia IS the jailbreak..

Just download SBsettings and use it to hide cydia.. Otherwise you can remove cydia and still be jailbroken.. Cydia IS the jailbreak..

Cydia is an application for downloading applications that are not offered in the App Store. It has ZERO to do with the jailbreak or the jailbreak process. Jailbreaking is the process of restoring root access and the super user account and Cydia is not required for that to occur.

You are asking to do something that is consider illegal in most countries. This site does not condone or support breaking any countries wiretap laws.

This thread and subject matter is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.