What's new

Attempted Jailbreak iPhone 6 Plus 8.1.2 to 9.3.3 but Failed. Cydia Always Crashes. Please Help!

bmaniara92

Reaction score
Just attempted jailbreaking iPhone 6 Plus from jailbroken iOS 8.1.2 to 9.3.3. PP and Cydia were installed, but Cydia crashes upon clicking. Re-jailbreaking with PP does not fix the issue. I don't know of any method to remove Cydia and re-jailbreak, aside from restoring my iPhone. Does anyone know how I can resolve this? It's been so long since I last performed a jailbreak that I don't remember how to restore while maintaining messages, emails, photos, etc., while simultaneously removing Cydia and all jailbreak data.

If I have to do a clean restore, is it possible for me to get my messages (SMS and MMS) back onto my phone? I don't think they get backed up by iCloud. If I were to restore from backup, I feel like I would run into the same problem with Cydia. Any suggestions?

Did you backup your iPhone just before attempting the jailbreak? If so, you can restore your iPhone through iTunes and set it up from the backup you made and all your messages will be exactly as they were when you made the backup.