What's new

Jailbroken iPhone asks for password even though I never set one

acadesh2007

Reaction score
Hello

Please excuse me, as I am new to forums in general.

I have a jailbroken 4 running 5.0.1. I installed Folder Enhancer from Cydia, and now it is stuck in safe mode. But I can't even go to Cydia to remove it because the device is demanding a passcode, and I never set a passcode on it. How do I hack the passcode so I can unlock it, go to Cydia and remove the problem package? Thanks very much in advance.

To make things more clear, I need a method to recover the password WITHOUT restoring the phone, because certain jailbreak apps do not work on 5.1.1. Do you know of any programs that can decrypt the password (i.e. the ones used by law enforcement) and are cheap/free?

To make things more clear, I need a method to recover the password WITHOUT restoring the phone, because certain jailbreak apps do not work on 5.1.1. Do you know of any programs that can decrypt the password (i.e. the ones used by law enforcement) and are cheap/free?
Unfortunately... there is no way to do what you're asking. As well, we WILL NOT allow our users to suggest ways to circumvent an iPhone's password. Really though... if it were that easy... what would be the point of password protection?!?

We actually have an on-going discussion in this section about the toolkit for A4 devices here - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/gecko-iphone-toolkit-43268/ :)

Because A4 based devices, including the iPhone4, are susceptible to the limera1n exploit it is possible to upload a specially crafted RAMDISK image via the exploit and brute force the password. Whilst we at iPhoneForums will never support the circumvention of password protection to gain access to other peoples devices, the tools are generally available free of charge to recover lost passcodes and it is important that everyone understands it is possible (for devices with a bootrom exploit only) and the tools are out there.

In other words, a passcode on an iPhone4 is not a guarantee of security ;)

Aw man. The iPhone is asking for a complex passcode (again, I didn't even set one), and Gecko said it can't help with that.

I got it working again, although I had to do a hard restore to 5.1.1. Have any of you had the same problem with Folder Enhancer? From my experience, it screws up the phone. I guess I should do my homework before installing Cydia apps.

I've been a long time user of Folder Enhancer on all my devices and never had a bit of trouble. It does not have any hook to the passcode system at all AFAIK. It certainly does not have the ability to set an unknown complex passcode. I am pretty sure it is another tweak or app you installed which is the problem, or someone got hold of your device and set the passcode themselves...