What's new

Restoring jailbroken iPhone and re-jailbreak

1.no, can not restore being jailbroken.
2. i have not had any luck with it putting things back in the folders after a restore, then again i have never used folder enhancer
3. just go into cydia and delete the tweaks causing you problems and that should take care of your current problem. if you suspect it, delete it.

not misguiding, just misreading on my part, i thought he was trying this all on a 4s not a 4. my error.

All I can say is be careful!!!!! Make sure you have backups

Willerz knows what I'm talking about lol

not misguiding, just misreading on my part, i thought he was trying this all on a 4s not a 4. my error.

Regardless of a 4 or 4S, you can always restore a jailbroken iPhone. If you have blobs for either, you can restore, just that the method is different.

unless i have been left in the dark ages, a 4s after going to 6.o can not go back to 5.01 even with saved blogs. correct me if im wrong. my misreading was he had a 4s and might go to 6.0 in that case my answer was no it could not be restored back untill the new jailbreak is complete. i know a 5.1 can be resotred with saved blogs with redsnow.

unless i have been left in the dark ages, a 4s after going to 6.o can not go back to 5.01 even with saved blogs. correct me if im wrong. my misreading was he had a 4s and might go to 6.0 in that case my answer was no it could not be restored back untill the new jailbreak is complete. i know a 5.1 can be resotred with saved blogs with redsnow.

What I was referring to was that you said the iPhone 4S cannot be restored after a jailbreak, which isn't true. All devices can be restored after a jailbreak but the question is to which iOS. Can it be downgraded through the threshold, no, that much has already been established. Verbage

Even if he did re-restore to iOS 5.1, you still won't have a jailbreak, and from what the OP is saying, there aren't any iOS 5.1 blobs to begin with since the 4S came with 5.1.1 OTA brand new in-box. Therefore, he couldn't have jailbroken nor could anyone have jailbroken the iPhone before it reached his hands when he purchased it, nor is there an iOS 5.1 jailbreak at all for the iPhone 4S, so he won't have the blobs to save them. His only option is to upgrade to iOS 6, which we already established. And that he can't downgrade below the threshold because he doesn't have iOS 4 blobs for his 4S, nor do they exist at all for the 4S.

willerz2 yes you are right you said what i meant to say. i thank you sir for your correct actions and explation. like the rest i have a few 4s sitting on 6.01 just waiting on that allmight jailbreak to be releaed to let these babys breath and have a life. again thank you sir for explaning better than me.

Crossing my fingers that it's going to be released soon. 9 out of 10 of my colleagues come to me daily asking "Is there an iOS 6 jailbreak yet. Is there an iOS 6 jailbreak yet" -.-[SUP]​#[/SUP]