What's new

Jailbroken Iphone 4...or is it?

ukrsindicat

Reaction score
Hey, guys and ladies
I'm trying to figure something out. I have jailbroken my iPhone4(5.1.1) and installed Cydia. However, I still can't create any folders or copy any files on my iPhone via Windows Explorer.
I was not sure whether it was jailbroken so I use absinthe software to try to jailbreak it again. This software told me that my phone is jailbroken.

SO here is my biggest question:
"If my phone is jailbroken, shouldn't this mean that I will be able to use my phone as a USB drive? Shouldn't I able to creat folders or copy any files on my Iphone using Windows Explorer while Iphone is connected to computer?"

Thank you for any comments!

You have to install openssh from cydia, then on your pc install winscp (ios file explorer), or iexplorer (ios file explorer).

Hey, guys and ladies
I'm trying to figure something out. I have jailbroken my iPhone4(5.1.1) and installed Cydia. However, I still can't create any folders or copy any files on my iPhone via Windows Explorer.
I was not sure whether it was jailbroken so I use absinthe software to try to jailbreak it again. This software told me that my phone is jailbroken.

SO here is my biggest question:
"If my phone is jailbroken, shouldn't this mean that I will be able to use my phone as a USB drive? Shouldn't I able to creat folders or copy any files on my Iphone using Windows Explorer while Iphone is connected to computer?"

Thank you for any comments!

Even with the phone jail broken, you're not going to be able to access it's file system using Windows Explorer. What I've done (on a Windows 7 machine) is download the free program iFunbox. IFunbox opens and shows you a Windows Explorer-like setup. Then, with the iPhone connected via USB, I can use iFunbox to access all the files and such on the phone.

It's not wireless like OpenSSH and the various SSH clients provide. But, I find it's easy to use and it's very fast in transferring files. Of course and as always, YMMV.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Even with the phone jail broken, you're not going to be able to access it's file system using Windows Explorer. What I've done (on a Windows 7 machine) is download the free program iFunbox. IFunbox opens and shows you a Windows Explorer-like setup. Then, with the iPhone connected via USB, I can use iFunbox to access all the files and such on the phone.

It's not wireless like OpenSSH and the various SSH clients provide. But, I find it's easy to use and it's very fast in transferring files. Of course and as always, YMMV.

Good luck.

Marilyn
Yes iFunbox all the way