What's new

Iphone 4l on 5.1.1 and Jailbroken. Can I restore 5.1.1 still

macaz

Reaction score
Hi

My iphone 4 is on 5.1.1 and jailbroken with absinthe
I'm just wondering if I can do a restore of 5.1.1 and then jailbreak again.

Thanks

Cydia will have the SHSH's for 5.1.1 saved. You'll need to download TinyUmbrella to extract those. You'll be able to restore to 5.1.1 using those SHSH's.

Cydia will have the SHSH's for 5.1.1 saved. You'll need to download TinyUmbrella to extract those. You'll be able to restore to 5.1.1 using those SHSH's.

I'm trying to do this exact thing. I have my shsh blobs (5.01, 5.1.1) and the original firmware (5.1.1). I've tried to stitch blobs into firmware with redsn0w. I've tried the stock firmware. I've tried stock with TU server running, without it running, in DFU mode, in normal mode, nothing works.

On my Macbook pro, with the latest iTunes, I get error (11). On my Windows laptop with iTunes (10.6.1.7), I get error 3124.

What in the world am I doing wrong?

I should have made it clear. There is NO host redirection going on, on either computer. They both go to the Apple page when checking gs.apple.com.

Also, I'm working on an iPhone 4s.

Last edited:
I should have made it clear. There is NO host redirection going on, on either computer. They both go to the Apple page when checking gs.apple.com.

Also, I'm working on an iPhone 4s.

There's no way to go back on a 4s because there isn't a bootroom exploit!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I'm not trying to go back. I'm trying to install the same firmware that is on the phone currently. 5.1.1 to 5.1.1.

I still don't think it can be done because apple have stopped signing 5.1.1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is the correct answer.

Apple no longer signs 5.1.1 installs. So only iOS 6 can be installed at present using iTunes, over the air or thru XCode (if you are a developer).

So basically put, for those of us on iP3GS and iP4S we're back in that "be real careful" phase - where if your phone needs a restore for any reason you'll be stuck going to iOS6. Agreed?

So basically put, for those of us on iP3GS and iP4S we're back in that "be real careful" phase - where if your phone needs a restore for any reason you'll be stuck going to iOS6. Agreed?
Correct. The only option for downgrading on the iP4 & 3GS is ONLY if you SHSH (Blobs) saved for iOS 5.1.1. The only way to have those saved is if you manually saved them w/ TinyUmbrella or were Jailbroke & using Cydia while 5.1.1 was being signed.

Correct. The only option for downgrading on the iP4 & 3GS is ONLY if you SHSH (Blobs) saved for iOS 5.1.1. The only way to have those saved is if you manually saved them w/ TinyUmbrella or were Jailbroke & using Cydia while 5.1.1 was being signed.
3GS too? There's a bootrom exploit for 3GS too? I thought only the 4 had downgradability via the blobs.