What's new

Mobile substrate problem...I think?

sivakr101

Reaction score
I've jailbroken one other time, but I had no issues like this. I just downloaded Activator and each time I try to open it to adjust settings in it, it says most features are disabled, because mobile substrate isn't active. I'm not in Safe Mode, I know that. I also can't see any settings for Cydia apps in my Settings app. I've tried several things such as reinstalling Mobile Substrate, Uninstalling then reinstalling it, changing my Cydia to settings to "Developer" and so on and so forth. Does anyone have any clue how I can "activate" mobile substrate? Or any ideas in general to fix this entire problem? Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
And if it helps at all I'm using an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.0

What version of redsn0w are you using? If you're not using the latest version, 0.9.15b2, this could be why you're having issues.

0.9.15b2 is the only version of redsn0w i've used

I am having this exact same problem. Jailbroken before, lots of times. All I am looking to do is create a hotspot from my iPhone, so I can use the internet on my old 3gs in the car.. but I'd like to recreate the ease of use and good times I had with the old 3gs jailbreak.

I'm on an iphone 4 16gig, 6.0, used the newest redsnow to jailbreak and a the same ipsw file from where itunes saves it on my computer.
It says i'm stuck in safemode, but i'm not. Additionally, nothing really works.

I haven't saved blobs, so downgrading is not an option.

Mine actually won't even activate substrate. I can download apps from cydia and configure the cydia apps with icons, but I can't view them in settings and I also can't enter safemode