What's new

Need help..Jailbrake my Ipad 2!

DolphinxManiax23

Reaction score
Hello all,
I just jailedbrake my Ipad 2. And, I restored it to brand new before i jailedbrake, and then restored my apps back, and now im stuck on this "Exit Safe mode" and this white thing pops up all the time time saying your "Springboard has crashed" says to either" click "ok, Restart, help". I clicked on restart to boot it. But still saying that. How do I get the Exit safe mode to get off the top screen? It tells me "Mobile Substrate" didnt cause the problem. It has protected me from it"?
Can anyone help me get this off. please??
Thanks!!

I don't know what you mean, but if your device keeps restarting into safemode it means you have something incompatible installed. You will need to uninstall whatever that is to be able to get back to the springboard.

DolphinxManiax23 said:
Even if I was restoring apps back when that happened?

I have no idea exactly what caused this....but regardless...you should restore.

Plug iPad into iTunes.
Right click on devices name in the left pane.
Click "Transfer Purchases".
Now enter DFU mode (YouTube video)
Once in DFU mode, click the restore button.
Let iTunes restore your iPad.
(DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP. It is very important that you don't restore from backup. Setup as new device)
Once restore is complete...follow the initial on screen setup..

As soon as you get to the SpringBoard(home screen)...don't do anything. (seriously...don't do anything more)

Close iTunes...open Absinthe.exe.
Jailbreak.
You MUST not touch the device until Absinthe literally tells you it's okay to open Cydia.

Once it's done Jailbreaking open iTunes, and sync apps...music..etc. DO NOT restore from a backup. Starting from scratch isn't that bad.just sync your apps and music, movies and other media...but don't restore from a backup.

Once everything is synced from iTunes..close it.

Open Cydia on your iPad. Let it load, until your SpringBoard restarts.

Once SpringBoard restarts..,open Cydia again.
Wait for it to load completely. You know when it's done. Just wait for its sources to load.

Once Cydia is completely loaded....tap on the "Search" tab.

Type in "Mobile Substrate".
Install it. Restart SpringBoard(respring).

Now you can very carefully install your tweaks from Cydia.

Make sure that anything you install is actually made for an iPad. And make sure it is compatible with iOS 5.1.1. If it doesn't say "iOS 5 compatible" then do not install it.

You cannot install "anything" from Cydia. Some packages are for older devices...some for iPod touch only..some for iPhone 4 only..some for iPhones only..some for iPad only. Some work on all devices. It's wise to check and make sure.

You had to have installed something from Cydia to make you go into safe mode...because otherwise. mobile Substrate would not be installed, therefore..it would not be possible to enter safe mode..

So you did in fact..install something from Cydia that made you go into safe mode..and I'm pretty sure I know what it is.

But regardless of my theories...you should restore..setup as new device...NOT from backup..and jailbreak again...and still not restore from backup.

Thanks for help...Got it working finally. That happened when restoring my apps back. cuz i restored Ipad back to new and jailbraked again and it worked!
What kind themes can I get with Winterboard and Dreamboard/
I tryed Dreamboard to get the android verison but it is like stuck on that part and can't get out of it?

DolphinxManiax23 said:
Thanks for help...Got it working finally. That happened when restoring my apps back. cuz i restored Ipad back to new and jailbraked again and it worked!
What kind themes can I get with Winterboard and Dreamboard/
I tryed Dreamboard to get the android verison but it is like stuck on that part and can't get out of it?

There is a theme I have been using called Absolution. It has an iPad version. I never use themes, but have began to get addicted to Absolution.

That's not the only reason you jailbroke is it?lol to theme?