What's new

Who's going to upgrade to iOS 5 immediately?

Who's ditching their jailbreak to upgrade to iOS 5 immediately?

• Total voters
I have no interest in turning my lovely £600 jailbroken iPhone 4 back into a paper wheight as in my opinion if it wasn't jailbroken that's what it would be so no I'm staying away from iOS 5 until there is an untethered jailbreak for definate

I hear ya. I am stuck with a paper weight now because my 4.2.8 iPhone broke and the replacement phone they gave me is on 4.2.10 !

lennie paz said:
I hear ya. I am stuck with a paper weight now because my 4.2.8 iPhone broke and the replacement phone they gave me is on 4.2.10 !

You guys have the best looking and smoothest paper weights around. I know 4.2.10 isn't that bad. I gave up my JB purposely and I learned I could live without it.

lennie paz said:

You guys have the best looking and smoothest paper weights around. I know 4.2.10 isn't that bad. I gave up my JB purposely and I learned I could live without it.

It isn't that bad, but I definitely miss the JB. One thing I really miss, is having BiteSMS, which I got from Cydia. It's much better than the stock SMS app. And iCrank, I was going to give the tethered JB a shot,but I do have a couple questions. Does a respring count as a reboot in that I would have to be connected to my PC to do one? Do you know if the tethered JB runs just as good as the untethered ones?

I will upgrade the moment I know iOS 5 is available. Right now i'm having a jailbreak iOS 4.3.3, but days or weeks after iOS 5 is release, I bet there is going to be a tether jailbreak for it at least, the untether jailbreak will come a while later then.

lennie paz said:

same thing happened to me! grrr....oh well, the iPhone is still way better than my old Android and so I'm happy. I'm thinking that iOS 5 is gonna negate my need for jailbreak...it seems to have a lot of the sweet features that I would jailbreak my phone for, and I personally like the idea of it being stock because everything works smoothly without any crashes and is if i ever had to send it in i wouldn't have to jail the phone and lose everything. guess I'll just have to wait and see! :)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Well I'm on iOS 4.3.5 so I haven't got much choice. :(

Still no notification when someone receives an sms I see.
Or being able to customise txt tones , pity.
That said , should be good.

Sent from iPhone

I will be updating immediately, it won't be long to wait for the jailbreak I'm sure :)

How can I get a beta version of iOS 5 ?

How can I get a beta version of iOS 5 ?

You can't unless your are a developer. I will just wait two more days and you will know for sure when you get the real deal.

Noob question, I'm fairly new to iOS and was wondering how smooth the transition to a new version usually is with regards to apps. Can you expect the majority of your apps (read basically all) to work right of the bat? Will each one need to be upgraded?

Noob question, I'm fairly new to iOS and was wondering how smooth the transition to a new version usually is with regards to apps. Can you expect the majority of your apps (read basically all) to work right of the bat? Will each one need to be upgraded?

A lot of apps had already been getting ready for iOS 5 and I will not a expect any mayor issues but nothing is 100% as any other mayor upgrade. Most developer are been working hard with the iOS 5 betas to make any changes if it was require, I don't expect to see much issues with any of the mayor apps.

iFrog said:
You can't unless your are a developer. I will just wait two more days and you will know for sure when you get the real deal.

Ye thanks :)

lennie paz said:
It isn't that bad, but I definitely miss the JB. One thing I really miss, is having BiteSMS, which I got from Cydia. It's much better than the stock SMS app. And iCrank, I was going to give the tethered JB a shot,but I do have a couple questions. Does a respring count as a reboot in that I would have to be connected to my PC to do one? Do you know if the tethered JB runs just as good as the untethered ones?

I am running a tethered JB on iOS 4.2.10 it's running really good the only downfall is u need to have ur phone hooked to ur computer to reboot or u will be stuck on the apple symbol 4ever.

izzyfanto said:
same thing happened to me! grrr....oh well, the iPhone is still way better than my old Android and so I'm happy. I'm thinking that iOS 5 is gonna negate my need for jailbreak...it seems to have a lot of the sweet features that I would jailbreak my phone for, and I personally like the idea of it being stock because everything works smoothly without any crashes and is if i ever had to send it in i wouldn't have to jail the phone and lose everything. guess I'll just have to wait and see! :)

Can the new iOS get the paid apps for free like angry birds I think not.