What's new

Who's going to upgrade to iOS 5 immediately?

Who's ditching their jailbreak to upgrade to iOS 5 immediately?

• Total voters
I'm torn on this one! I luv my jailbreak tweaks but ios5 looks so tight! ><

Upgrading ASAP just for the new Notification system.. I can't stand the one of the phone now.

But you get bet ill be JB again as soon as one is announced.

I'm going to upgrade right away. Maybe not the instant it is out, but after a little feedback starts to come in and be positive then I will. I like the notifications upgrade and that we can use custom ringtones for mail and calendar events.

I read through the list of 200 upgrades and there are some nice ones. Camera from lock screen is another one I think will be popular and I know I will enjoy.

spenneyg said:
I'm torn on this one! I luv my jailbreak tweaks but ios5 looks so tight! ><

Lol I understand what your going through! I'll probably listen to the user feedback and see how everyone else likes iOS 5. If it's worth the immediate upgrade. I'll take it. If I hate not being JB, then I can always use my SHSH blobs to downgrade! :D!

SpyderBite said:
I'll be upgrading right away. I took too many calls at VZW from ppl w/ JB iPhones who were sol when they needed a replacement & thought Apple couldn't tell that the device had been JB even if they reset it. The calls usually were escalated to me 30 days after the full retail price for the replacement appeared on their bill. (FYI, not all returned devices are examined. However, 1 in 5 usually are).

Yea I feel u on that. I mean really I don't see why you would need to jailbreak it. I mean it let's you customize it lil more. But. Really I don't see any point. ESP when u do. You can easily brick it and be without a replacement.

You can not "BRICK" an iPhone. As long as the the physical hardware is 100% you can restore an iPhone back to working order.

Skull One said:
You can not "BRICK" an iPhone. As long as the the physical hardware is 100% you can restore an iPhone back to working order.

+1. This needs to be written in Gold somewhere. Lol. :D

I'm keeping my jailbreak until an untethered jailbreak releases! I love my themes way too much!!

Last edited:
I'm going to wait for iOS 5 untethered jailbreak. I am running jailbreak 4.3.5 tethered, I hate tethered it's getting annoying.

I always thought JB kinda defeated the purpose of having an iPhone. So I will be upgrading to iOS5 right away.

You all will love iOS 5 GM I have really liked all of the betas. There will be so much new stuff in there to play around with. I even liked iTune Match and all of the cloud features, wireless sync, OTA software updates, cloud backup and restore too.

Skull One said:

+1. This needs to be written in Gold somewhere. Lol. :D

Hence unless you are using a iOS beta version which has happened

LOL. You can not brick an iPhone with a iOS 5 beta. At worst you can only lock the phone if your UID is not properly registered. And that condition can be fixed very easily.