What's new

Who else?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others said it is not illegal. However, some of the things you can do once jailbroken is border line, or at least unethical such as having programs like ~seriously?~ (I would say this is illegal and I do not use it ) or little things like tethering (which I am guilty of)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for setting this noob straight. I still like my phone just the way it is.

I'm happy with my unjailbreaked iPhone, but will be happier with a jailbreak iPhone. I'm just waiting for cydia to become more stable and apps/tweaks become almost bugs free.

jimdd810 said:
Isn't it illegal to jail break a phone any way? Call me a noob but I thought it was.

No. But they they may try to make it illegal in the near future.

Stock iOS is good. But the JB does add enhancements that are noteworthy, many of which I think Apple should look at.
1) screen customizations
2) app dock customizations
3) the bluetooth functionality
4) folders
5) camera-panorama mode

This is just a few. We shouldn't have to consider hacking the phone to have features that other phones have out of the box. I like stock as well, because Apple sticks buy it and will fix should something go wrong, plus they keep iOS updated, and most of all there isn't any delays in getting updates!

Unleashed said:
Currently jailbroken and I love the tweaks that cydia brings.. after 4 years of jailbreaking I never had a problem, plus the baseband is for unlockers.. jailbreaking brings features apple will some times never add or add years later..

Though saying that I always upgrade to newer firmware even if there is no jb and I dont mind going with out it.. but to not do so because others have problems? the same could be said about stock .ipsw's that apple release, they are not always perfect and have been known to have many bugs.

I love little things like being able to change the way icons scroll or be able to send files over bluetooth or ssh into my device and delete stock apps such as weather.. small things that help you get the best out of your device.. Though I still own the 4 and not 4S but paid outright as well for £600.. next year will be £700 for the 64GB model.

but I would of jailbroken by now if I had the 4S.. there was some ibooks bug.. I never use that any way.

One bad thing is that if something happens to your iPhone and you have jb it then you can have your insurance fix or replace it though am I correct? I have insurance on mine it's my security but I may be wrong and maybe you can still have insurance on the jb ones.

If something happens to my iPhone and it's a big if because I have never had any problems I am insured so not worried

Now apple won't help you if it's jailbroken so I would just say I lost it and make an insurance claim through my mobile provider

One bad thing is that if something happens to your iPhone and you have jb it then you can have your insurance fix or replace it though am I correct? I have insurance on mine it's my security but I may be wrong and maybe you can still have insurance on the jb ones.

I think you'll find JB can be reversed at any time, so if you required an insurance claim you simply unjail break it back to stock. That's the beauty of JB to the people who prefer jailbreak devices.

iHolophyte

iHolophyte said:
I think you'll find JB can be reversed at any time, so if you required an insurance claim you simply unjail break it back to stock. That's the beauty of JB to the people who prefer jailbreak devices.

iHolophyte

That makes sense. I really don't know much about it so thanks.

well if by chance you do have something go wrong then you restore (if you can) then take it back to apple..
They do not touch jailbroken devices but a simple restore and thats all traces of the jb gone, I am not sure about 3rd party companies such as protect your bubble if they will still do so.

But firstly out of the 1.5 years I owned my iphone 4 and the 4 years I have owned iphone devices not once has anything gone wrong even after always being the fist to install jailbreak while others have endless "problems" they just are not 100% sure and they see something they are un sure of and panic and straight away think they broke their device or "bricked" it and they start over again by doing a restore, you never really break your device by doing a jailbreak, it is safe and Jailbreaking was given a bad name from Zibri who was a terrible coder and lots of people had problems due to his app.

Not only that but people take these free jailbreak tools and sell it on and claim it works with firmware and devices that it does not, and on top of it not every one is sure of the difference between jailbreak and unlock so they rush into it not even knowing what they are doing.

but jailbreak is not for every one and not every one cares about customisation of their device and it works just fine with out it. In fact I dont care if my device is jailbroken or not but its still fun to mess around with and brings back the fun of the device and its something new that you can do to the device..

A few apps that really help people like being able to facetime over 3G allows families to talk to each other eg. fathers or mothers who are away a lot and use facetime as a way of keeping in touch who dont always have access to a wifi spot...

so many similar reasons why people would do it and how it has helped. Jailbreaking is not the evil that some people make it out to be and all its really doing its turning the disk into "writable"

jimdd810 said:
Isn't it illegal to jail break a phone any way? Call me a noob but I thought it was.

It is perfectly legal to jailbreak an iPhone. Just google it and you can see the whole story as it went through the Hight court.

I have dabbled with jail breaking but am stock now. Not because of any issues with jail breaking but I just ain't a customisation type of person.

I don't even move my apps around. Changing my wallpaper is enough for me. I do see y many people are inclined to jailbreak but its a matter of personal preference. I am just happy with my stock jailed phone.

seneca18 said:
Like others said it is not illegal. However, some of the things you can do once jailbroken is border line, or at least unethical such as having programs like ~seriously?~ (I would say this is illegal and I do not use it ) or little things like tethering (which I am guilty of)

I use tethering on my stock iPhone on a regular basis to play Xbox online when I go over my mates house where he has no Internet. I just turn on portable hotspot and away I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.