What's new

Who else?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love having cydia, I had problems with my first jailbreak, but this time round I got clued up about it and know not to take the piss with it. Because it can cause problems if used incorrectly, but is also great if u know what u doin !!

I used to jailbreak for the Ultrasn0w unlock. Now I jailbreak for the Cydia apps:

TetherMe
Style Unlocker
Android Unlock Pattern
Sbsettings

Really, nowadays jailbreaking is quite safe.

Over the year jailbreaking has improved, and I think the latest jailbreak is pretty solid. Now a days you really have to not know what your doing to brick your phone. I only choose not to do because I deal with Apple a lot. Don't have time to do a lot of restoring and all that.
Honestly I think Apple should just add some of those features into iOS. Because once you jailbreak, it's hard to go back to stock iOS and be satisfied. Because it is then rather boring, the individual feels to restricted. This why Android is popular, even though the OS isn't quite as polished as iOS.

Ok so after further consideration I jail broke my phone. Some things are cool but most are to confusing. I'll probably not jail break again. But for the sake of discussion I jail broke this one. It was very easy and no known glitches as of yet. So I am now undecided as to jail break or not. I will post further thoughts later

I use tethering on my stock iPhone on a regular basis to play Xbox online when I go over my mates house where he has no Internet. I just turn on portable hotspot and away I go.
So you're actually gaming online via your iPhone's hotspot?!? Ugh... I can't even begin to imagine the lag you get connecting that way.

thomasjtsi said:
So you're actually gaming online via your iPhone's hotspot?!? Ugh... I can't even begin to imagine the lag you get connecting that way.

No lag whatsoever. If the speed test .net app is accurate I get just under 4mb down and 1.5 up on 3g

Me! The way I look at it is the second part of "Jailbreak" is "break" - which is exactly what I'd do to my phone trying to Jailbreak it.

mrbeal said:
Me! The way I look at it is the second part of "Jailbreak" is "break" - which is exactly what I'd do to my phone trying to Jailbreak it.

It would be difficult for you to break your phone by jail breaking. If you are happy with a stick phone like I am there really isn't much point.

If a jailbreak fails your device can always be restored by using itunes

enots27 said:
It would be difficult for you to break your phone by jail breaking. If you are happy with a stick phone like I am there really isn't much point.

If a jailbreak fails your device can always be restored by using itunes

Exactly! And with the Absinthe jailbreak tool you really don't do anything. It does all the work, too easy.

If you don't feel comfortable with jailbreaking don't do it. But understand jailbreaking has become much simpler than it use to be, and hardly requires effort on the users part to do anything but download the zip file with the jailbreak in it. It's pretty much like updating your phone through iTunes now.

But with that said... If you like stock iOS and enjoy the fact that Apple has your back should you encounter software issues, then stick with stock iOS. Not to mention having liberty to all Apples iOS updates when they are released.

But if you don't have an Apple Care + protection plan, or know what you're doing when jailbreaking, and like having admin rights on your iPhone... Then do it. It's just that simple?

If I couldn't heavily modify my iPhone to my linking, install my own bash scripts, extensions, I would switch to droid. Everything I own must be hacked ;)

Chris951 said:
I know right?! Literally right after this new jailbreak came out recently, all I see is people posting about problems. Nooooo thank you. My regular iPhone is just fine lol :)

The "ONLY" reason people have problems is because they install things without checking compatibility. Or simply not following directions. That's it. Nothing more....nothing less. Plain and simple.

bstrippy said:
Totally agree... have jail broke my 3G and 3GS but I will not be Jailbreaking my
4s.... had it since launch day and am still not tempted!.... it does enough already plus Cydia is soooo slow... i bought my 4s up front on launch day,£600 32gb from apple and I plan to trade it in when the next gen arrives so I want it clean to sell so no jailbreak for me and I am not bothered!

Lol. How much faster is the App Store compared to Cydia? Seriously? The App Store is slower.

Okay guys. This is all there is to it.

If you want to take the time to learn how make your phone unique, and awesome with more functionality than regular phones, and learn how to use the available tweaks and modifications, then you should jailbreak. I have no problems, and my phone runs literally "flawlessly" and my phone is ver heavily modified. All ya have to do is research before you do things. As long as you do that, then you will have no problems GARENTEED!

If you don't want to learn that stuff, and are fine with being "locked down" by Apple's strict code.....then don't jailbreak.

I myself am not a conservative so to speak.

I would bet anything if all you none-jailbreaker out there could borrow my phone for one day, you would fall in love, and never go stock again. And I would seriously bet anything on that. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.