What's new

White screen

Wretch

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have searched high and low and tried many different things and I just am not sure what to do. So I have a 3gs 8 gb that I replaced the LCD on. At first it booted up and was stuck in the apple ring of death or whatever. I restored many times with no luck. So I took it apart again and checked the connections and it did the same thing. So I left it alone for a day and decided to try it again and this time it wouldn't power up at all. I plugged it into my computer with no luck. Then I tried plugging it into the wall charger and it came on, only with a white screen. So I looked around and tried a hard reset (with the volume, home, and power buttons) and it came on as normal. Only thing was I had taken it apart so many times that when i would try something different I didn't put it all the way back together since I was probably going to have to take it apart again. So I turned it off properly and seated the LCD all the way in (it was out just a bit) and put the two screws in the bottom and inserted the sim card. Ok, so it white screened again. Only this time when I try to hard reset it just shuts off. It doesn't come back on normal like it did the last time. So I have tried everything many times...hard reset, restore, and taking it apart again and checking connections. Also I would like to note that the only way i can get it to power up is by plugging it into my computer and restarting the PC. You can hear the plug in sound and the vibrator works, just white screen.

Am I screwed? Is it the motherboard? Thanks in advance and I hope I put all the info that may be needed.

Hi I had same problem I tried to change screen myself, gave it to shop ,they didn't fix it so brought it home & changed the screen & digitiser for a compatible 3GS bought off eBay about £10. It may be the digitiser that is broken or not connected properly...!!!

I have a cracked digitizer at the house i'll try tonight.

Ya I just tried it. Seems liek there is more activity... it keeps making the sound that it makes when you enter voice commands. But still hard resetting it kills it and I have to restart the pc to turn it on.

I also forgot to mention that I have a working LCD froma friends broken phone that I have been able to try also with no luck.

Last edited:
Any suggestions? Anything maybe I haven't tried?

Your hardware is down i think, there sure are thinks that need to be replace in the hardware. Out of curiosity, why don't u take it to the mother home for repair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can hear the thing working normally. The 2 lcds should be good. Also to answer your question, because they charge too much. $200? I think? I just don't have that. I have an upgrade which can be used for another $50 3gs, but I don't want to use it on the 3gs and I don't have $200 for the 4. Also 5 is about to come out in the near future so I was hoping I could get this working till then.