What's new

Help changed screen and now dead?

kos

Reaction score
Basically changed the screen on my 3gs, im well accomplished at changing them as ive broken so many ive lost count...

did it in the same way i broke the digitizer on friday it was unresponsive, lcd was fine though, i left the phone and the battery died,

i just changed the digitizer and im not getting any response, its plugged into my comp and im getting the charging tone, at random intervals and its picking up on my computer but then disconnects,

ive tried home and power button, and im getting a very faint white screen and then it switches back off, im not getting any low battery symbol etc...

the phone has lasted me about 5 years so good going, however ive been meaning to back up all my pictures but never got around to it? is there a way to tap into the memory and retrieve the pics?

or better yet get the phone going again!

any help much appreciated,

You would need USB recognition. If you have a stable USB connection, you can backup the device using utilities like iTunes, iExplorer, etc. or, you can tunnel your device and perform a dump of all its contents

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You would need USB recognition. If you have a stable USB connection, you can backup the device using utilities like iTunes, iExplorer, etc. or, you can tunnel your device and perform a dump of all its contents

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thanks, how would i tunnel it? are there any free programs i can use ive managed to get all my photos, i just need to retrieve my contacts and notes and im good for another phone.