What's new

3gs battery replacement after long term shutoff

concon

Reaction score
Hey guys, my iPhone 3GS died November 2011, so i got a 4s instead of fixing it. Now Ive replaced the battery after almost 2 years because id like to have it working again. The screen is shattered and the top quarter doesnt work, but im ordering a new screen.

My problem is, when i go to turn it on, i see the apple symbol through the white glitched broken screen with a WORKING loading circle. It just loads and loads and loads. Everywhere i looked shows solutions for a frozen circle, not a moving one. Could this be where it was dead for so long? Is there any way of saving all my stuff on the phone? Im going to put it on charge all night tonight and see if it loads by morning. Id like to avoid DFUing and resetting.

Ive tried to shut it off and reload it, but it does the same thing. I really cant remember what os, but i think is 4.1, and it was jailbroken but was working fine the day the battery died.

My 3# terminal is very loose and close to breaking, but to my understanding this is the touch sensor connector is it not? I cant see that causing a constant loading cycle