What's new

White Screen Problem

pscya

Reaction score
So I just bought an iphone with white screen for 10$ and Im trying to fix it,I dont know which software is,its only white screen,and goes to black when I leave it for 1 min,Then when I press home button just goes back to white,tried to put it in DFU and restore it at 4.2.1 with itunes but get 3194 error,tried to fix it with some ip and text which I add to system32/drivers/etc/host but still geting 3194 error.

Dunno what to do tried so many solutions but no result:/

Do you know if it's white screened because of a software issue or a hardware issue from the previous owner? If it's a hardware issue you'll need to open it up to fix it. If it's a software issue like an app crashing and just blowing your iPhone into WSoD, then there's an easy solution.

First off, just try something simple like holding the Sleep/Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds and release. You should see the Apple logo. Give it a minute or two and see if anything happens.

If that doesn't work, try putting your device into DFU mode using the instructions here:

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/dfu-mode-dummies-16020/

And since you're restoring to iOS 4.2.1, you'll need to use RedSn0w to stick the blobs into a copy of the iOS 4.2.1 IPSW to create a custom IPSW that simulates Apple's signing of the iOS even though the window has closed. Blobs are available only if you have saved blobs from Cydia (requires a jailbroken device to have visited Cydia at least once). Otherwise iOS 6 is your only option. Either methods will require DFU mode to be truly successful.

I dont have saved blobs:/ When I hold sleep/home buttons there is no apple logo,so my only option left is to try 6ios either its hardware problem ?

Well , what iphone is it ? It seems to be a hardware issue , plus , i you bought it for 10 bucks , the might as well change the screen ;)

Cheers !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk