What's new

3GS stays on loading screen

JetLife

Reaction score
Last week I fell into my pool with my 3GS. It was in there very briefly and I immediately shut it off and put it into rice. After 2 days I took it out of the rice and it was dead which was to be expected. I charged it and I got the connect to iTunes screen. I hooked my phone up to iTunes and it said it was in recovery mode. So I tried to restore my iPhone and I kept getting an error 21. I tried all the trouble shooting suggestions. I even tried putting my phone into dfu and restoring. Nothing would work, I thought my phone was done and I put it back in the rice for the hell of it. About 3 days later I took it out and hooked it up to iTunes. Still said it was in recovery mode and I needed to restore it. when I attempted to restore it, it said error 23 this time. I unplugged my phone and plugged it in to my computer again and attempted to restore it again and this time it started to work! It restored my phone, my phone rebooted and I was able to pick a name for my phone like when setting up a new phone or after a restore. I typed the name for my phone then I clicked next or done(whichever it said). iTunes said to insert a sim card and my phone was on the swirling loading screen(I forgot to reinsert the sim tray after letting the phone sit in rice). I inserted the sim card and sim tray like iTunes said. but my phone would never come off of the swirling loading screen. I tried reconnecting to iTunes many times. iTunes recognizes my phone, but my phone will not leave the swirling screen. I let my phone die and plugged it into the charger. It charges for awhile, then starts to turn on with the apple logo and as soon as the apple logo goes off it goes right back to the swirling loading screen. I attempted to restore it and now I get a error 1645. I have tried to reboot and power off the phone when it's on that screen and it will not leave the screen. Ive tried holding just the power, power and home and I also tried putting it into dfu and it will not leave the swirling loading screen. I even let it sit in rice for two more days hoping something might change like before and still nothing. Please help guys I would REALLY like to get this phone back. Does anyone know what the problem could be or some possible solutions to try? Thanks

This is the screen it's stuck on

$image-2350710017.jpg

Last edited:
From another site:

"
1654 and 1645 are hardware error messages. A chip in your device isn't working, whether due to water, heat, dropping, dirt or just malfunctioning."

In my opinion, (which, isnt much, lol) I think your phone is toast...