What's new

What would you like to see different for the iPhone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
codysanborn said:
My nexus 7 and RAZR Max HD both get emails about 5 secs before my iPhone 4??I still want the i5

I found that my iPhone consistently gets emails before my blackberry back when I had both on the same exchange server.
They are both using 'true' push technology. I think Skull is 100% correct. What you see is google prioritizing traffic. Nothing to do with the handsets.

I was very keen on the I5 but waiting for prizes to drop a little... now with the nexus 4 having the good reviews I don't know anymore... the I5 is very expensive!
Unfortunatley, you're not going to see a price drop w/ the iPhone 5 until the next iPhone model is released... whenever that may be.

Unfortunatley, you're not going to see a price drop w/ the iPhone 5 until the next iPhone model is released... whenever that may be.
I don't think this phone is doing as well it's dropped $50 everywhere . I have a 4s and won't upgrade not impressed with the 5 at all .

I don't think this phone is doing as well it's dropped $50 everywhere . I have a 4s and won't upgrade not impressed with the 5 at all .

Incorrect! Statistically, it's outselling the 4S' original release #'s from last year. Best Buy & Radio shack are offering lower prices to get people in their stores during the holiday season!

My comment above was in reference to the pricing from Apple... or course.

jag5508 said:

I had the 4S, the GS3, and now the iPhone 5. The 5 has the longer screen of course, better processor, more RAM, better color saturation, HD front facing camera, better speaker sound, better battery life, and last of all LTE!! I think those are a lot of advantages. However both can do the same things still, and both have the same old stale and boring iOS. But since you've waited this long, may as well wait on the 5S, it might get NFC this time around, who knows.

I had the 4S, the GS3, and now the iPhone 5. The 5 has the longer screen of course, better processor, more RAM, better color saturation, HD front facing camera, better speaker sound, better battery life, and last of all LTE!! I think those are a lot of advantages. However both can do the same things still, and both have the same old stale and boring iOS. But since you've waited this long, may as well wait on the 5S, it might get NFC this time around, who knows.

How will NFC be useful? I don't know much about it.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

How will NFC be useful? I don't know much about it.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

NFC allows you to shared data when close to another device supporting it. Things like contacts, pictures, websites, or it can even be used as a mobile wallet. This technology is common on the Android and Windows Mobile platforms.

Better battery life not sure if I believe that one . I know what it has like I said not impressed . I'll wait a while to see what comes out .

Better battery life not sure if I believe that one . I know what it has like I said not impressed . I'll wait a while to see what comes out .

Nothing wrong with that decision. But the battery life is much better than on the 5, especially when it's on LTE, vs my 4S. The 5 is even a beast in standby mode mode, my 4S not so much. I keep wi-fi on, Bluetooth, and even location services and can still make through a day with normal to moderate use.

The ability to increase the overall system font size, not just the increases available through Settings -> General -> Accessibility.

The ability to increase the overall system font size, not just the increases available through Settings -> General -> Accessibility.

Android tried that. It even has a better text rendering system than iOS. Long story short, Apple would have to do a complete rewrite of the engine and developers would have to fix all of the code that would use that new engine.

Nothing wrong with that decision. But the battery life is much better than on the 5, especially when it's on LTE, vs my 4S. The 5 is even a beast in standby mode mode, my 4S not so much. I keep wi-fi on, Bluetooth, and even location services and can still make through a day with normal to moderate use.

you know batt life is so debatable because for example, you get some folks who say they get 10hrs of batt life and you'll also get some who say you get more or less than 10hrs. i think when it comes to battery life. you really have no choice but to use the mfg specs as a baseline. and both the 4s and 5 are about the same specs wise. tho the 4s has a bit better standby time.

I hear ya my friend, but I'm speaking from my own experience, and I had both the 4S and 5. The iPhone 5 definitely had better battery performance, at lease on the unit I have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Notification led light front of phone...not the flash that's put on for that. My old phone nokia n8, and its nice the blinking around the button...

Status
Not open for further replies.