What's new

What are you ditching for the Verizon iPhone4?

A G'zone rock. This will be my first smartphone, never thought the day would come when I would own an iphone LOL!
That G'zone rock is pretty cool phone. Casio did good when they brought those out I thought. We used to have the G'zone brigade and we loved it. I'd say it had the best keyboard out any phone I have used. Not to mention they were built like a brick.

I love the phone as well, I am very much into all things rugged!! However I have decided it is time for me to get a smart phone and I will be rugged-ing the iphone up as much as possible. The only thing the iphone wont have is the waterproof aspect, but considering I have only put the rock in water once (and that was just for fun to see if it actually would work) I am not to worried about it. I can get apps for everything I will be losing on the rock and I can keep up with stuff better that way to. I am also looking forward to not having to carry a phone and an ipod!

Wow, looks like the last of the Crackberry holdouts from the initial Droid releases will go away with the iPhone. That's gonna hurt bad.

Not sure what you mean by this... what's gonna hurt?

I should have clarified. This is really going to hurt the already seriously declining market share of the Blackberry.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Wow, looks like the last of the Crackberry holdouts from the initial Droid releases will go away with the iPhone. That's gonna hurt bad.

Not sure what you mean by this... what's gonna hurt?

I should have clarified. This is really going to hurt the already seriously declining market share of the Blackberry.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Gotcha, yeah it is gonna hurt BB for sure, although we've been happy with our Storms for our 2 years... accept for the memory leak problems, and the terrible low light picture quality, and slowness of doing ANYTHING on it... needless to say we are in need of a new phone and more than happy that it's going to be an iPhone 4!!

...we've been happy with our Storms for our 2 years... accept for the memory leak problems, and the terrible low light picture quality, and slowness of doing ANYTHING on it...
Yeah, that sounds happy :D

A G'zone rock. This will be my first smartphone, never thought the day would come when I would own an iphone LOL!
That G'zone rock is pretty cool phone. Casio did good when they brought those out I thought. We used to have the G'zone brigade and we loved it. I'd say it had the best keyboard out any phone I have used. Not to mention they were built like a brick.

I love the phone as well, I am very much into all things rugged!! However I have decided it is time for me to get a smart phone and I will be rugged-ing the iphone up as much as possible. The only thing the iphone wont have is the waterproof aspect, but considering I have only put the rock in water once (and that was just for fun to see if it actually would work) I am not to worried about it. I can get apps for everything I will be losing on the rock and I can keep up with stuff better that way to. I am also looking forward to not having to carry a phone and an ipod!

You better go ahead and order an Otterbox and sign up for Squaretrade's insurance, cuz the biggest issue with these things is how fragile they are.

I was thinking along the lines of the Ballistic LS or SG series myself. And of course insurance.

Yeah i think im just gonna get screen protectors and the squaretrade warranty, my only real question is...

If you remove /replace the back glass panel is their anything that breaks letting apple / squaretrade know the device has been opened voiding your warrenty? I want to put a red glass back on mine when i get it.

Im gonna just stick with the vzw insurance. squaretrade doesnt sound worth it to me as its only to repair the phone if it breaks. If you lose the phone you get nothing. I have never lost a phone, but if I was gonna lose one Im sure it would be this one as it will be the most expensive one I ever had lol!

Im gonna just stick with the vzw insurance. squaretrade doesnt sound worth it to me as its only to repair the phone if it breaks. If you lose the phone you get nothing. I have never lost a phone, but if I was gonna lose one Im sure it would be this one as it will be the most expensive one I ever had lol!

Thats the only thing that sucks and is making me think twice, what other options cover lost / stolen as well as all that squaretrade offers?

Yeah i think im just gonna get screen protectors and the squaretrade warranty, my only real question is...

If you remove /replace the back glass panel is their anything that breaks letting apple / squaretrade know the device has been opened voiding your warrenty? I want to put a red glass back on mine when i get it.

Apple typically absolutely does not like their items being tinkered with. There are ways of seeing if they have been opened at numerous spots. The second you open that glass to add the red filter, I would pretty much write off warranties. At least from Apple and probably Verizon. Don't know about the others. But considering Apple doesn't even like you changing the batteries, messing with the glass would probably be a huge no no.

Apple typically absolutely does not like their items being tinkered with. There are ways of seeing if they have been opened at numerous spots. The second you open that glass to add the red filter, I would pretty much write off warranties. At least from Apple and probably Verizon. Don't know about the others. But considering Apple doesn't even like you changing the batteries, messing with the glass would probably be a huge no no.

Yeah i figured it probably had some sort of indicator that the phone had been opened, ill probably just get some red stickers or something.

Yeah i figured it probably had some sort of indicator that the phone had been opened, ill probably just get some red stickers or something.

If you get a case, maybe extend a red tint past the edges so it would be hidden by the case and then would be reversible without leaving residue on the phone.

Ditching my env 3, piece of crap that it is. I've been holding out for a long time!

If you get a case, maybe extend a red tint past the edges so it would be hidden by the case and then would be reversible without leaving residue on the phone.

I believe the good vinyl stickers come off clean dont they?