What's new

What are you ditching for the Verizon iPhone4?

I'm ditching my Original Droid....got for Christmas '09......absolutley loved this phone. But I have been waiting too long for a Verizon iPhone not to get one on release. I've been checking gadget blogs every day for years waiting for this moment. I can't wait to have an iPhone FINALLY!

I will also be placing my OG Droid in the drawer for the iPhone 4. I have been waiting for this phone to drop since it was released for AT&T.
I love my OG Droid, however it was just a holdover.

I am gently laying down my Droid X for the Ip4. I have waited so long for VZW to have an iphone. I won't be hacking, rooting, jailbreaking or doing any type of work around on the IP4. I plan to take it out of the box and just use it like it is designed to be used! Finally a phone I don't have "edit" to make it do what I want it to. Yea!!!!

That is great for awhile. Just don't tempt yourself and look to see what is possible from jailbreaking. You will never look back. Promise.

I will be dropping one HTC Incredible (wife) and a Droid X (my phone). We will both go for the iPhone 4.

Im dropping the original droid for the iPhone. Biting the dust on early termination fees, but I've waited too long for this phone lol and if the iPhone 5 or whatever does come out, I'll make that my birthday present lol

Im dropping the original droid for the iPhone. Biting the dust on early termination fees, but I've waited too long for this phone lol and if the iPhone 5 or whatever does come out, I'll make that my birthday present lol

Perfect way to do it. :cool:

I am going to be ditching my POS windows mobile 6.5 HTC Imagio as soon as i can... i will be destroying the Imagio as well.. what a nightmare the phone is..

That being said im going to use a family members upgrade for the iphone 4 on feb 3rd and than when / if the iphone 5 comes out in july ill be using another upgrade for it.

Im prepared... bring it on!

Heh, I replaced my Imagio with the Incredible and have been immensely happy. With my second update due in August, I'll be able to see what has come with the iPhone 5 and decide whether to keep the Incredible or have two different iPhones. Going to be interesting to see.

Heh, I replaced my Imagio with the Incredible and have been immensely happy. With my second update due in August, I'll be able to see what has come with the iPhone 5 and decide whether to keep the Incredible or have two different iPhones. Going to be interesting to see.

I held out replacing the Imagio because i knew if the Iphone was coming to verizon it was going to be pretty damn soon.. and here we are :D

I just hope the iphone 5 has verizon LTE.. it wont.. but ill be happy with a dual core A5 and some other goodies / software improvements.

I have the original Motorola Droid. I've had it since launch day and I love it. But, it has aged quickly and am looking to replace it.

I'm replacing my original Motorola Droid also, don't get me wrong it's been a great phone, but I also have been waiting ALONG time for a iphone. I have the Android Tab so I'm going to have the best of both worlds!!

Ditching my OG droid :( Bought it in october and rooted it the same day. We have been through a lot together

I really do want an Iphone 4, but the more I think about what I'm going to be giving up for it, the less I want it.......google maps navigation, swype, wireless tether for root users, music junk, and all the customization. I'm really on the fence about it, its seems the only thing I would gain by switching is the ability to sync with itunes. What other benefits does the iPhone have? I thought talking to you guys would be the best idea to help me figure this out.

Btw....I have the og Droid and I have absolutely loved this phone

You can get wireless tether if you jailbreak your iPhone as well. There are other means for navigation (MapQuest, for example, as well as a few others). Swype I dunno about though, but there seems to be quite a bit of stuff you can do once jailbroken.

I feel like iOS is a much smoother experience compared to my Android phone. It's faster, it doesn't seem to lag ever... it's just so smooth and responsive. Go play with an iPhone in the store and see for yourself.

The only thing I will miss when I switch is the Google Navigation, but it's a trade-off I'm willing to make since there are still other options available. Meanwhile I will hold onto my hope that Google will release a nav app on iPhone, haha... I mean, it already comes pre-loaded with Google Maps, and Google has some other apps for it... why not do the nav, right? *crosses fingers*