What's new

Verizon's "Share Everything"

Quicksilver7714 said:
You can upgrade in one of two ways:
First you can pay full retail or buy a phone from a third party market like Ebay or Craigslist.
Secondly you can use an existing upgrade to upgrade a different line on you your contract, assuming that line is not the primary line, the one that controls the contract, or your own line of service. From what I have been told if a secondary line uses an upgrade they will be given the option for a tiered data plan. Then once you get the phone you have to activate it on the line you upgraded, then switch it to which ever line you want and cancel the tiered data plan.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thank you I would like to keep the same plan I use my phone for work as alot of others
I hope thi new idea from verizion don't last long

I have already upgraded to the iPhone with Verizon, had the unlimited data plan before and still do. I didn't get anything in writing, but they seemed to say as long as I stayed with them, I could keep my unlimited data plan.

Hmmm, they seemed to say??? Don't think that will fly. Verizon, in all phone transactions, gives you several looooong pieces of paper that look like receipts. One of them is the agreement/contract. You did save it, right??

jimmi3 said:
Hmmm, they seemed to say??? Don't think that will fly. Verizon, in all phone transactions, gives you several looooong pieces of paper that look like receipts. One of them is the agreement/contract. You did save it, right??

I think so I would have to look

Yes, I save everything, would just have to dig it out. I hope that "grandfathered in" statement is true. I got that unlimited plan early on and have kept it through several upgrades.

It shouldn't matter if you sign up and you have the unlimited package you should be able to keep I think you should keep it even if you upgrade

So if my New every2 upgrade is coming up, which is a full free upgrade I loose my unlimited? I thought only if you chose a 4G phone.. Can someone clarify thanks

Sent from iPhone 4s
Tapatalk

I find all the changes they rolled out to get confusing if you are already a customer.

If you upgrade to a discounted phone though Verizon then you lose unlimited Internet you have to buy your phone at full price or on a site like eBay to keep it and never renew contract

I am so unhappy about this. Worst part is the plans aren't really even cheaper. So your getting less for more or the same money. Guess I'll be paying pull price for my next phone.

Just thought of something else- if new iPhone is 4g phone, I bet they can force us into a new plan if we want 4g capability.

applechick said:
Just thought of something else- if new iPhone is 4g phone, I bet they can force us into a new plan if we want 4g capability.

I hope not I have the iPhone 4 3G it works just fine I would like the new one but if it means that I would lose the unlimited plan looks like I won't get the 4g for a while

Sublime said:
I hope not I have the iPhone 4 3G it works just fine I would like the new one but if it means that I would lose the unlimited plan looks like I won't get the 4g for a while

They forced me to get rid of my unlimited plan and go to the share everything and my bill has been out of control since.

Probably had to update contract or upgrade phone and get forced to share everything plan..