Verizon to End Unlimited Data Plans for Smartphones From July 7

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
verizon-logo.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Well we knew it was on the cards, we just didn’t know when, but now a report on FierceWireless has confirmed the inevitable, that Verizon will indeed be switching to a tiered pricing model for data from July 7, according to Verizon spokeswoman Brenda Raney. According to Raney, new Verizon smartphone customers will be able to choose from three different options: $30 per month for 2GB, $50 for 5GB, or $80 for 10GB. Overage will be charged at $10 per GB of data over your allowance. As FierceWireless points out, Verizon’s pricing structure will be more expensive than AT&T’s, which is set at $15 per month for 200 MB, and $25 for 2GB.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It’s important to note that this new pricing model is for new customers only; current Verizon customers who upgrade either on, or after, July 7 will be able to upgrade to a new smartphone and take their original unlimited data plan with them. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]Verizon confirms it will ditch unlimited smartphone data plans starting July 7 - FierceWireless, via MacRumors

people must have really abused the unlimited plans but for those how have one now verzon cant stop unlimited can they? so get it while you can

thank god all my phones are grandfathered in..........it sucks for all the new people who are just now getting it

I for one am glad I'm grandfathered in.

It's nice to know you have unlimited just in case you need it sometime.

I'm just hoping they don't just take that away from us down the road.

Cya

Going to get my wife a phone today whether she wants it or not!! My guess is once you renew after tomorrow, you won't be able to keep the unlimited. They will work it in there somehow.