What's new

Verizon....

speed4tu said:
I hope that they have a way to disconnect the ota updates in iOS 5. Although I'm sure they will just like in rooting for the androids. If not one will just loose jailbreak without even knowing it.

You'll still have to agree to it and press ok

ffrcoupe said:
Verizon pushes the updates to the phone? Can't you just update through iTunes?

No iTunes does...in iOS 5 updates will become OTA

That's good. I used to have a DirecTV Tivo and they were about two revisions behind the regular Tivo software. It sounds like the end user has some control over the iOS version instead of Verizon. :)

ffrcoupe said:
That's good. I used to have a DirecTV Tivo and they were about two revisions behind the regular Tivo software. It sounds like the end user has some control over the iOS version instead of Verizon. :)

Yeah..apple made the choice. They want all apple users to have the same experience. I'd agree Verizon wants to control the giant by the giant has no controller. Thank you Steve jobs.

Apple has always been this way, if they don't have total control than they wont do business with you.

jbs06civicsi said:
Apple has always been this way, if they don't have total control than they wont do business with you.

True but why am I stuck with 4.2.? Bc of Verizon, apple slipped up

Yeah I am ready for iOS 5 to.. But I will not update to it until there is a stable jailbreak for it.. I got to have my tweaks. I've gotten to used to them ya know..