What's new

Desperately need help. Problems after SAM unlock. Help?

J

joe012594

Ok so I posted about this awhile back and no one (in here, at Verizon, or Apple) seems interested in helping me fix the problem. Here's what I got going on. I heard about the SAM unlock when it first came out and that it worked for the 4S as well and I really wanted to put my phone on AT&T because I wanted to get 4G on my phone. Well, obviously, the unlock didn't work so I started having problems after attempting the unlock. I lost data service and got that fixed after hours of talking with a verizon rep. After that fiasco I started getting "Your phone has successfully been unlocked!" message in itunes everytime I would plug it in and it continueously asked my to register my "New Phone" as a factory unlocked device. Another problem is that my phone will not update to Verizon's current PRL version pushed out by them which is 52724, according to the rep I just got done talking to. I have reset network settings, reset all settings, erased all content and settings, and completely restored the OS to 5.1.1 and setup as a new device along with losing my jailbreak. Luckily I have shsh blobs saved so I can go back to 5.0.1 and rejailbreak. What I just want fixed right now is for itunes to recognize the device as a carrier locked phone (a verizon phone) rather than factory unlocked and for the phone to accept a PRL update. Can anyone please help me? I would greatly appreciate it.

You will need to buy a Gevey Ultra S to unlock it, depending on what firmware/baseband it is on. And ardchoille is right, there are currently no iPhones that support 4G. The AT&T 4S can run on an HSPA+ network which has comparable speeds, but it's not true 4G.

Since you restored 5.1.1 which updated your baseband, I don't think it will be possible to unlock.

Ah yes, remember that thread.

iPhone 4 is getting 52724.

iPhone 4S is getting 52686.

I know this because I have both and have updated both very recently per your last thread. So while the VZW rep is correct that 52724 being the latest for the iPhone, it isn't being pushed to the 4S at present.

Think you are chasing a unicorn at present, which is why you are having no success.

So they only push out PRL's to certain devices? o_O That's kinda stingy. I know I had PRL version 52707 before I restored and updated to 5.1.1 and lost the jailbreak. How come I can't get that version back?