What's new

Verizon talking people out of the iphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As GIVMEDEW said before VZW compensates based solely on contracts and acessories, with variables placed on plans and add ons. So insurance, web etc.

The huge difference is that there are like 10 different android phones at varying price points and just one iPhone. I tend to push people towards iPhone, but it all depends on what they come in looking for.

So to sum it all up, VZW employees dont care which phone you buy, it comes down to plan, accessories and if you get insurance. We may have personal prejudice, but we are not pushed any one way.

The true benefit to the iPhone is listed above. Build quality. I will say unequivocally that the iPhone build quality completely trumps any Android phone, hands down. That is actually one of the prime selling factors for it, I believe. To me, the phone feels like a professional device, very solid and polished. Androids, not so much. The Samsung Galaxy S2 looks to be the best competition as far as fit and finish, but until it is truly released, can't say for sure.

As I've been looking to upgrade.. i've been to about 3 different Verizon stores near my area. So far every single time I went into the stores.. they really pushed the Razr Maxx and nothing else. They said the Nexus was a beauty but extremely buggy.. and wouldn't recommend it.

I constantly tried to mention Apple and take a look at that side of the store.. but when I tried they were really persistent on sticking me with the Droid phones. I heard their stories and advice, specs, etc.. and although it all sounded good.. iPhone just seems so solid. They really didn't even bother talking about the iPhone, just mentioned the really small screen and that was it.

It's pretty obvious they're pushing the Droids/Razr Maxx since it's the newest device out and they want solid numbers for them.

They might not be wanting to push the iPhone to much bc of the iPhone 5 coming this fall. Think about it if you get the iPhone 4s you'll be wanting the iPhone 5 when it comes out. The droid razr maxx is the new phone with the news specs and what not so Why not try to push you into the newest thing since your upgrading and going to be stuck with it for 2 years.

It's probably has nothing t do with anything except commission. I bet they get some type of commission when they sell an Android phone...but they probably do not get commission for selling iPhones.

I highly highly doubt it's because a new iPhone is coming out. That actually doesn't even make sense. It has to be commission ...simply couldn't be anything else.

How does that not make sense? And no it's not commission off the phone, it's the contract that they get commission off of. A couple good friends of mine work at Verizon. They want you in a smartphone plan yes but they could careless about what phone.

I know if I bought a phone then six months later the next best thing comes out I'd want it and be a little bummed with my phone. That's why I came to apple. There is only one phone to get LOL.

mach1man said:
How does that not make sense? And no it's not commission off the phone, it's the contract that they get commission off of. A couple good friends of mine work at Verizon. They want you in a smartphone plan yes but they could careless about what phone.

Different phone, different contract...different commission. Commission is commission....they talk people into getting what they get a better commission for....simple.

I said it had to be commission...and you just agreed with me. Corrected me (thank you)...but nevertheless agreed.

This topic should have stayed dead. But alas since it didn't lets get the facts out.

1) Contracts = Commission.

2) Phones = Spiff

iPhones tend to only have $5 spiffs if that. Androids have anywhere from $20 to $60 spiffs.

And now you know why VZW sales people push Android.

This topic should have stayed dead. But alas since it didn't lets get the facts out. 1) Contracts = Commission. 2) Phones = Spiff iPhones tend to only have $5 spiffs if that. Androids have anywhere from $20 to $60 spiffs. And now you know why VZW sales people push Android.
Well said Skull..... CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.