What's new

Verizon talking people out of the iphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tberg1760

Reaction score
I currently have the original droid and am ready for an upgrade. I visited 2 verizons stores inquiring about the iphone and both representatives were trying to talk me out of the iphone and steering me towards another droid. I can't seem to figure out why they are doing this. Has anyone else had this experience or does anyone have an idea why they are doing this? I was dead set on the iphone, now I am just completely skeptical.

No, probably would cost you more for a droid upgrade, money is what drives any advice a sales rep gives.

There could be a few driving forces, cost is definitely one, there could be a sales contest going on for droids, they could also just be anti-Apple fanbois too. I find a lot of people are anti-Apple because they're just ignorant of the platform or just stupid.

Yes this happened to me at 2 diff Verizon stores. When i went in the first time, I asked for the iPhone and right away they try to sell me the Thunderbolt and throw in many accersories. They had said the iPhone is a good phone but in the near future the Android will overcome them. 2nd store wanted me to get the Droid X because it was a "supposably a great phone" for the price. Third store just listened to me and sold me the iPhone with no hesitation.

When I bought my iPhone I went straight in for it the girl had held the last white one for me :)

I had this happen to a friend and it kinda jaw dropped me. Basically the rep in the store told her that the droid was a much better phone so she took it..Lets just say she took it back and got the Iphone and she has had no regrets ;)

While it wouldn't surprise me of trips did this, we didn't experience any flack when we to get my wifes iphone, and I was missing with my Droid X while she looked.

I went to a Verizon store (sub) in Vincennes Indiana to get my wife a iPhone since I got one now and love it..they also tried to talk me into a Droid...asked them why and they said Droid's are better and I told them "sure, then you woke up!". They even got mad at me for telling a customer that if I was them, I would buy the iPhone over any of the Droid's....haha

Phone sales are driven by incentives and due to the popularity of the iPhone they need to move the droids as fast and hard as they can. I admit I was a iPhone skeptic when I was using a windows phone and wife a droid. Hands down my iPhone is the best phone I have every owned. Ignorance is bliss, until you see the light.

Verizon did the same to me. They tryed to sell me a thunderbolt after I bought an iPhone. I laughed in their face. I said I've heard nothing but bad reviews over the thunderbolt. Nothin about the iPhone. I told them how Long my battery lasted they didn't believe me. I told them how fast the iPhone was their response was thunderbolt has 4g. If it reaches a 4g tower. All in all it's just Verizon trying to make money and since people at Verizon only know what they are told they only know droids. Verizon is a bunch of morons anymore.

The reps did the same thing with me and my husband when we went to a Verizon store! There is some motivation behind their pro Droid attitude, I just don't know what it is, maybe it's because their all "techies" and they think that everyone should like what they like. My husband had a Droid and he got sick of how complicated it was so he finally ended up getting the iPhone.

My verizon stor tried to do this also. They are just way to stupid to realize what they have in the iphone,

Status
Not open for further replies.