What's new

verizon iphone preorder ship date

I just got off the phone with a Verizon Rep who said they will begin shipping them on the 10th (possibly the 9th) on a first come, first serve basis and depending on where you fall in that you could receive it anywhere from 24-72 hours after that. =/

I hope she doesn't know what she's talking about and we get them asap.

I'm hoping that is their boiler-plate response as well. Heck, Verizon also said they would start pre-orders at 3AM, and as we all know, they started early.

I just got off the phone with a Verizon Rep who said they will begin shipping them on the 10th (possibly the 9th) on a first come, first serve basis and depending on where you fall in that you could receive it anywhere from 24-72 hours after that. =/

I'm hoping that is their boiler-plate response as well. Heck, Verizon also said they would start pre-orders at 3AM, and as we all know, they started early.

Haha you are right, I refreshed at 2:45a and was like OMG ITS UPPPP. Wouldn't it be funny if they all came like monday....

Haha you are right, I refreshed at 2:45a and was like OMG ITS UPPPP. Wouldn't it be funny if they all came like monday....

Seriously, if they're sitting on all this enormous stock of ordered phones, they be foolish to NOT start sending them immediately. It could only be more trouble for Verizon and FedEx. Let's not forget that activating mess that AT&T went though a few years back. Better to have the "Verizon activation wave" be more spread out.

They won't wait until the 10th to start sending. Worst case scenario, they will start the 9th. Verizon and Apple both are very specific about having preorder items in customer hands the same day they become available in stores.

I finally got mine ordered at 930 this morning. We made changes to our plan last night at the vzw store, and because of that it wouldn't allow any orders. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes this morning, I got it sorted out and preordered the 32 gb.

I finally got mine ordered at 930 this morning. We made changes to our plan last night at the vzw store, and because of that it wouldn't allow any orders. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes this morning, I got it sorted out and preordered the 32 gb.

I got up at 2:50 this morning and was pleasently surprised to see the site already up. Unfortunately, the first time my order said something like "Failed, try again later," right after the payment page -I flipped out because i wanted to get back to bed lol.

I ended up getting the 32GB for something like 269.99 or something with my additional new every 2 discount.

In my experience, Verizon sends early. I remember when I preordered the Droid Incredible, I got it 2 or 3 days before it dropped in the stores. When I went to get accessories in a store in NYC, the salesman was like "We can't sell them to you, the phone isn't out yet"...he was surprised when I showed him mine lol..

I got up at 2:50 this morning and was pleasently surprised to see the site already up. Unfortunately, the first time my order said something like "Failed, try again later," right after the payment page -I flipped out because i wanted to get back to bed lol.

I ended up getting the 32GB for something like 269.99 or something with my additional new every 2 discount.

In my experience, Verizon sends early. I remember when I preordered the Droid Incredible, I got it 2 or 3 days before it dropped in the stores. When I went to get accessories in a store in NYC, the salesman was like "We can't sell them to you, the phone isn't out yet"...he was surprised when I showed him mine lol..
I don't think verizon is doing the shipping here. Pretty sure that is done on apples end.

It says mine has already been shipped by UPS

Yup, the Verizon reps are wrong. My FedEx tracking number hit tonight. As soon as the weather lets up at Memphis, its supposed to be on the way.

Yup, the Verizon reps are wrong. My FedEx tracking number hit tonight. As soon as the weather lets up at Memphis, its supposed to be on the way.

Now I'm just waiting to get my email. :|

Just in case we didn't have enough to wonder and worry about, I'd love your thoughts/opinions on this:

This morning I was simultaneously trying to order from Apple Store and VZW.com. I got into each of them at the same time, and I ordered the 16GB and the 32GB for my two eligible upgrades.

After I ordered those, I went to the Apple Store and it said that one of those two lines was still eligible for an upgrade. So I did what anyone would have done.. I ordered the 32GB to see if it would work.

As of now, my Verizon order has been confirmed (showing the two iPhones), and I just checked my orders on the Apple Store, which says that my order of the (1) 32GB iPhone is prepared to ship.

Looks like I have 3 confirmed purchases with only 2 phone lines. What do you think is going to happen?

btfred2.... PLEASE don't cross post the same question in 3+ threads. It's poor etiquette. Not to mention annoying. ;)

To answer your question... Apple/Verizon isn't stupid... they will eventually figure it out... and will charge you full retail for the 3rd phone in the form of an adjusted charge on your account balance, or on the credit card you used to pay (assuming they don't catch the glitch before actually shipping out the phones).

If I were you, I'd call Apple and cancel phone #3.

I got a shipment notification this morning. I know this sort of thing happened when the iPads came out. People thought they were going to come early, but FedEx actually held the packages until the release date. Hopefully thats not the case here.

There won't be any holding of the phones. Especially with so many already having notifications of delivery dates sent by Fed Ex and UPS. They don't send those out without intending on delivering.