What's new

Preorder Today...Get it?

darita

Reaction score
If I preorder today, when will I get it? I know I could walk in and get one on the 19th, but if they ship preorders that day, they won't arrive until days later.
That's what happened with my 5 and I don't want it to happen again. Many preordered only to have wait a week to get them. Meantime, others were just walking in and purchasing them at the Apple Store. Preorders shipped at the same time they became available in store. Bummer.

It depends on which model you want, From what members are saying its now about a month for the plus and still the 19th for the 4.7 but that could change as the day goes on, Check Apples website to find out for sure.

I didn't even check on the delivery dates for the 4.7" as I knew I wanted the 5.5". Especially after making my cardboard templete yesterday :p

As for knowing you can walk in and get in on the 19th, you might not be able to. Online sells being what they are, the stores could sell out opening day too. I'm sure there will be a line waiting to get in the store. Also, if you pre-order one, it'll usually ship out prior to the 19th and be at your house the 19th. Usually.

I would favour pre order over risking the Apple store on release day, At least you know you have one coming, Who knows once they sell existing stocks on release day how long it will be before stores get more stock.

Last edited:
Those lineups on release day are going to be huge. Based on what happened so far with the preorders, Apple will have no trouble meeting it's goal of 70 million sold by the end of the year.

My delivery date is listed as the 16th to the 23rd of October, and that was only about an hour and a half after the preorders started. It took me an hour just to get into the store and complete my order without the site crashing or timing out.

Are you saying the Pluses aren't even going to start shipping for another month? Just preordered 128 gb from Target because I get a discount there.

Are you saying the Pluses aren't even going to start shipping for another month? Just preordered 128 gb from Target because I get a discount there.
Didn't they give you a delivery date?

No. No delivery date given. Phone guy just said they'll be in next Friday and he'll pull out the preorders.

Pre orders started with a delivery date of the 19th and quickly slipped back to weeks waiting time within hours as pre orders came in by the truck load, you should check if your delivery date is one of the 19th deliveries to make sure.

It looks like mine (4.7, not the plus) will be arriving Oct. 7, but I didnt order mine until this afternoon

Yeah...like I said, ordered mine thru Target at 10am, but no delivery date showed up on the receipt. I don't know if Target gets only a set amount of each or what? I was hoping that the preorders went directly to Apple.
So...who knows...

Could be worth talking to a rep and asking about the date since there is none on the receipt

I would favour pre order over risking the Apple store on release day, At least you know you have one coming, Who knows once they sell existing stocks on release day how long it will be before stores get more stock.
Those lineups on release day are going to be huge. Based on what happened so far with the preorders, Apple will have no trouble meeting it's goal of 70 million sold by the end of the year.

My delivery date is listed as the 16th to the 23rd of October, and that was only about an hour and a half after the preorders started. It took me an hour just to get into the store and complete my order without the site crashing or timing out.

I didn't pre-order, since I am not ready yet to buy...but if I were, I'd def want to do a pre-order.

However...wouldn't it be just fun to grab a coffee and head over to the local Mall on release day and see all the people in line waiting to get into the Apple Store! I mean really....I've never been in one, but you see the lines all wrapped around the building. Could be exciting...or it could be very frustrating for some!

Preordered my 6 from Verizon wireless store, have order conformation number, shipping info, and fed ex tracking number.
If tracked at FedEx website, it says picked up in Memphis Tn. With a promised delivery date of 9/19 by 8:30pm.