What's new

It was BRUTAL, but my iPhone 4S is ordered!

danielgfreeman

Reaction score
Holy crap what an experience. I am pleased to have finally successfully preordered my iPhone 4S after about an hour an a half. None of the websites were available for peorder until well after 3:30am EST. i tried calling the Apple Store, but only received a prerecorded message stating that there was overwhelming caller activity and to try again later. I strapped in to my desk chair and got craking on the computer. Refshing the apple store and ATT every minute or two to see when i would be able to start the process. Somehow, the Verizon site had preordering available before 3am EST, but I am no fan of Verizon since their coverage in my area is lacking. APPLE was first up for preorder over ATT so i tried going for it. About 30 failed attempts and 30 minutes later the ATT site was showing preorder options, so i gave it a shot. The first few portions of the process went quickly on ATT, but then slowed when trying to verify. By this time I had all but given up on the APPLE site, though i was making SOME progress there. Finally, BAM, I got through withh ATT and was left with one screen to confirm my selections and authorize payment. After one final click i received a receipt that I ABSOLUTELY printed and finally prepped my morning coffee.
This will be my first iPhone, which is why i was so hellbent on getting my preorder. I think if i had alady owned an iphone 4 i would have waited and maybe even until the next iPhone release. As a let down user of ANDROID devices, I was dying to make the switch to iphone. I have successfully switched to MAC for all other aspects in my digital lifestyle and iPhone is just logical. Especially with iCloud and OTA syncing capability.
To sum it all up, i am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my shiny new 32GB iPhone 4S on the 14th. I truly hope ot was all worth, though I'm sure it is,

Any other preorderers out there that are as excited as I am? Also who is ready for SIRI?

Yes I am excited lol. I was on the phone for almost 2 hours pre-ordering a black 4s.

Mine too.

I had a HUGE fight with the Apple website due to load and timeouts.

Eventually got it done and was able to see the order in the order view on my account, although no email yet.

Never before apart from ordering online tickets have I had to fight with a site that was so busy...

...all done now. Roll on 14th.

im jealous. im sure you are going to love the new 4S. im going to wait a year or so for my next upgrade :(

I'm also jealous and a lot by the way... I still have to wait for about 1 month or so for a factory unlock type to come to my region. But the good side is, I will be able to read the feedbacks about it before take the plunge. Lucky you guys.

I'm going to wait a few days until my new card comes in the post,hope theres enough to go round.

So my mom calls me this morning around 5:45EST to see if I had gotten the preorder (we're both early risers) and as I was telling her about it, she apparently hopped on the Apple site and got hers ordered in about 2 minutes!! Took me two hours first thing this morning and as I was explaining that she was not likely to get one having waiting, she interrupted to say "Oh mine just went through first try." She had been on the site while we were talking and just went right through it no problem! What luck, if I had waited I would have been SOL i'm certain of it. Thats's how my luck goes.
Anyway I am super excited for next Friday and hopefully no one else calls me before then because I now look at my DROID X with hatred and a cold heart ;)

I just checked 5 minutes ago on a black 64GB model and they are still showing a delivery date of Oct. 14.

wookiee2cu said:
I just checked 5 minutes ago on a black 64GB model and they are still showing a delivery date of Oct. 14.

The delivery date is the 14th.

I preordered this morning at 5:45am took 4 minutes. No problems at all. Come on October 14!!!!!!!!

Wow some of you really suffered. I waited until about 3pm CST, fired up the iMac, and within 3 minutes was printing the receipt for my Black 32GB 4s (Verizon) with a delivery date of Oct 14th.

Cheers!

sgtjiggy said:
Wow some of you really suffered. I waited until about 3pm CST, fired up the iMac, and within 3 minutes was printing the receipt for my Black 32GB 4s (Verizon) with a delivery date of Oct 14th.

Cheers!

FYI I ordered mine from the Apple Store

Ordered my first iphone at the Verizon store today after work. Took about 10 minutes. Bye bye Droid Eris.

danielgfreeman said:
Holy crap what an experience. I am pleased to have finally successfully preordered my iPhone 4S after about an hour an a half. None of the websites were available for peorder until well after 3:30am EST. i tried calling the Apple Store, but only received a prerecorded message stating that there was overwhelming caller activity and to try again later. I strapped in to my desk chair and got craking on the computer. Refshing the apple store and ATT every minute or two to see when i would be able to start the process. Somehow, the Verizon site had preordering available before 3am EST, but I am no fan of Verizon since their coverage in my area is lacking. APPLE was first up for preorder over ATT so i tried going for it. About 30 failed attempts and 30 minutes later the ATT site was showing preorder options, so i gave it a shot. The first few portions of the process went quickly on ATT, but then slowed when trying to verify. By this time I had all but given up on the APPLE site, though i was making SOME progress there. Finally, BAM, I got through withh ATT and was left with one screen to confirm my selections and authorize payment. After one final click i received a receipt that I ABSOLUTELY printed and finally prepped my morning coffee.
This will be my first iPhone, which is why i was so hellbent on getting my preorder. I think if i had alady owned an iphone 4 i would have waited and maybe even until the next iPhone release. As a let down user of ANDROID devices, I was dying to make the switch to iphone. I have successfully switched to MAC for all other aspects in my digital lifestyle and iPhone is just logical. Especially with iCloud and OTA syncing capability.
To sum it all up, i am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my shiny new 32GB iPhone 4S on the 14th. I truly hope ot was all worth, though I'm sure it is,

Any other preorderers out there that are as excited as I am? Also who is ready for SIRI?

Blah blah blah no1 cares