What's new

Verizon iPhone Battery Life Drain too fast??

62592d7d-c2ba-1676.jpg

If this was my droid incredible, the battery would have been dead yesterday.

62592d7d-c2ba-1676.jpg

If this was my droid incredible, the battery would have been dead yesterday.

Thanks for posting that. That is pretty much what mine gets. So is that basically ok? The most I do is send texts. Just for looking at my phone for maybe 5 mins I would lose around 3 percent or 4.

Hmmm see maybe I am just so used to hardly doing anything on my bb but then again there was only so LITTLE inbound do on that brick. Lol. I dunno it just seems to drain fast when i am on this I am just expecting a bit better battery performance than my iPod touch 4g since this has a bigger battery--that is what I am really basing my Points on. It just doesn't make much sense. Bigger battery, same amount of use. Hmm.

And I haven't been doing so but does using wifi kill battery more than 3G? Of so why is that? I am usually in a home w wifi. Lemme know thanks.

Oh and I got an exchange yesterday from Verizon. Can't really say if it's te same. But I fully charged it last night before bed, out of box was at 80% 6am, got 3 apps (my Verizon, contact transfer-love that one-, iBooks for the heck of it, and shop savvy app). Was in walmart and had kind of a hard time getting 3 bars (usually I get 3-5) and it went from 80% to 60% in about 20 mins. Granted it hadn't been charged fully but once I got home I had 45% and charged from there to full before bed phone fone off. It was at 98% at 5am just a little while ago and it's at 93% now. I must say that since I have been texting this on my phone it's stayed at 93% for a bit longer than usual bit just got to 92%. So hopefully with time it will improve battery. But so far I'm a Lil happier w it. And only have been reading the last few comments and typing this up from 98-92. No background or text.

Try monitoring your battery using BatteryDoctor at the app store. I do and it made a huge difference. Just my opinion!

Hmmm see maybe I am just so used to hardly doing anything on my bb but then again there was only so LITTLE inbound do on that brick. Lol. I dunno it just seems to drain fast when i am on this I am just expecting a bit better battery performance than my iPod touch 4g since this has a bigger battery--that is what I am really basing my Points on. It just doesn't make much sense. Bigger battery, same amount of use. Hmm.

And I haven't been doing so but does using wifi kill battery more than 3G? Of so why is that? I am usually in a home w wifi. Lemme know thanks.

Enzo... the iPhone has more than just a bigger battery. It has a CDMA radio inside. Don't try to compare the two. They are different animals and won't have the same performance specs scale.

Glad you're happier with the new unit. Just relax... don't think about it too much... and as long as you have ~20-40% battery left at the end of the day you're fine.

Kill a running app:
Double click on your home button, press and hold a app, once the (-) symbol is shown, click on the (-) to close each app running in the background. If you use several apps daily, killing apps throughout the day will help to conserve your battery.

This greatly improved my battery life.

Not sure what to tell ya, my iPhone on Verizon is getting outstanding battery performance.

Hooked to WiFi non-stop, this is what I got.

image.png

Not sure what to tell ya, my iPhone on Verizon is getting outstanding battery performance.

image.png

LOL wow that is amazing! So my new phone battery is definitely much much better! There was something wrong with the other one. I wasn't going nuts.

Now I guess this means that if I am in a house (pretty much long time) with wifi, is it better to leave it on wifi? I use my ipod touch on wifi all the time (obviously) and I prefer it over Verizon network. hehe. But Verizon is not that much slower. But is it wise to leave wifi on if in a wifi connected area for a prolonged period of time?

If you're going to be surfing the web or downloading a lot of data... then yes, utilize a wifi connection if you can. This will save battery life. But if your phone is just basically in standby the whole time (not being used...idle)... then no... leaving wifi on will not help at all.

At first my battery life was about equal to my Droid-X then i changed only 2 things and this phone is a beast for battery life!

1.) turned off auto brightness and set it just under 50%

2.) turn of Cellular data.. And just turn it on to get online .Send a pic or check my email. I thought it would be an in-convenience to do this but its not bad at all...

By doing just these 2 things I can charge my battery around 7:00 pm and after about 16+ hours I'm 87% and thats with about 3 hours of usage. :D

I just got my iPhone on the 17th, but so far the battery life has been pretty good. Unplugged it at about 7am, and it's now 2:33pm and I still have 76% battery remaining. I did turn off push and am using wifi instead of 3G so I'm wondering if those are my big helpers.

I use my phone moderately for 16 hours during the day - stereo bluetooth at the gym, GPS when necessary, etc. I'm not doing hardcore gaming or using the internet that much - and I'm at 60% when I go to bed at night.

Did you try a double tap to see how much stuff is running in the background?
New to iphone can you explain "Did you try a double tap to see how much stuff is running in the background"

image.png
Just hecked mine and under time since last full charge mine shows - for both usage and standby. Do I have something set wrong